WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12:00 left, Pats are down by 7, nad the Ravens have the ball at the Pats' 30. Not good. The Pats were up 3-0, and have not had the lead since. No doubt the 1972 Dolphins are pulling the bubbly out of the wine cellar...........:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing: (Yes, I am a Pats fan.) :):):):)

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WHAT A COMEBACK!!!! AMAZING!!!

Down by 4, in the fourth with under 2 minutes left. The Pats get the ball to the 30 with 4 and 1 and get stuffed. BUT WAIT. Timeout was called by Baltimore. Pats line up and get called for a false start. 4th and 6. First down by Pats via completion from Brady!! A few plays later, 4th down (around the 15) and the pass gets deflected incomplete; but, wait, there is a flag against, the D. Defensive holding. NEW LIFE! Next play, TD pass to Gaffney, and Pats go up by 2 (this was upheld by video review). During the play, Unsportsmanlike conduct by #57. Penalized 15 yards on the kickoff. Then the ref announces ANOTHER unsportsmanlike on the same play on #57 for throwing the ref's flag in the stands. This tacks on ANOTHER 15 yards on the kickoff for a total of 30 yards in penalties by #57 in one play. (IMHO he will be fined by the NFL for tossing the ref's flag.) Then on the XP, offsides by Baltimore, which tacks another 5 yards on the kickoff for a total of 35 yards in penalties on the kickoff. Gostkowski kicks off from the OPPONENTS 35, and split the uprights.

To Boller's credit, he did play well, and down by 3 did get Baltimore to the Pats 2; but, there was not time left, and the Pats hung on for a win.

Quite the game. Now, if I can slow down my heart rate, I can catch some zzzzs for work tomorrow.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I was on my feet that last 10 minutes. What a game and what a finish. I like the excitement of the "streak" and what it's doing for the NFL. Pure Fun!!

Budman

·
Registered
885 Posts
Wow, what a game. The officiating left something to be desired. That said the Pats did what they had to do to win the game and keep the streak alive.

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After my emotions calmed down, I saw the highlights, and got be an "armchair quarterback", I offer the following (Keep in mind, I am a Pats' fan.)

All 4th quarter

The Ravens timeout should not have been called; but, I do not blame the official. My understanding is that only the head coach can call time out. IF this is accurate, then the timeout should not have been called; BUT, the linesman can not be expected to turn around to verify the timeout and who it is coming from, as the play would develop, and take to much time. I am bit fuzzy on this rule.

Harrison: Should be fined. Period. Taunting and 'trash talking' happens on the field. But to do it against a head coach is inexcuseable and unprofessional. And for Harrison to talk about it (he did water down what was said) in almost a gloating fashion afterwards deserves a fine.

#57 on Baltimore should expect a lighter paycheck this week. Taking a ref's flag and tossing it (in the stands), is forbidden. But the way he did it, was inexcuseable as well. No doubt the league will be sending him notice by this Friday.

The calls. I am hearing that Baltimore felt some of the calls were bad. I would like to hear other opinions on this.

Early Christmas present. The Pats got lucky toward the end, and Baltimore should have won. If they do not shape up for Pittsburgh, they will finally get a 1 in the loss column.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts