WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problem with Lum-Tec is that one cannot fully appreciate how neat the watches are until they are held and put on the wrist!

Chris sent me a selection of 10 watches to showcase at our Atlanta GTG on Saturday. The watches arrived today. While I had seen quality photos of each of the watches there is simply nothing like picking each one up and trying it on! Frankly I had not paid the Bull 45 much attention until today when I held the A17. Oh my, what a watch! Then again, they are all neat watches!

Now I have a problem. Does anyone have $7,500 that I can borrow so that I don't have to return these watches next Monday? Please! :biggrin: Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bill,

Did Chris give you the new UK address to ship them to ........? :wink:

Minus the $7500 shipping fee of course!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rob, I'm sure Chris simply forgot to give me your address! :001_rolleyes:

Actually mrneddles, while a big watch, the Bull 45 feels good on my 7 1/2" wrist. That watch sneaks up on you!
Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nice 'family' shot, and that A17 Bull's a beauty! I'm curious though; That M50 on the far right side... is the strap really yellow (mustard) colored as it appears in the photo... or orange/tan, like on the website pics? Thanks for any clarification. -Rob

·
Registered
15,309 Posts
Nice picture, Bill !!

(yeah, I think that the white balance is just a little off and everything that you see yellow
is actually orange. The V2 caught my attention first as I thought first it was a custom yellow lume ;)

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
(yeah, I think that the white balance is just a little off and everything that you see yellow
is actually orange. The V2 caught my attention first as I thought first it was a custom yellow lume ;)[/QUOTE]

I think you are right about my white balance being off. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
121 Posts
This makes it Official. I am not going to the GTG. I was on the fence, and now I am staying away. Me going would be like Charlie Sheen going to Columbia.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Problem?

The problem is I just ordered my first 2 Lum-Tec watches and haven't even received them yet, but I still want more! Thanks Lum-Tec :cursing:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Nice 'family' shot, and that A17 Bull's a beauty! I'm curious though; That M50 on the far right side... is the strap really yellow (mustard) colored as it appears in the photo... or orange/tan, like on the website pics? Thanks for any clarification. -Rob

It looks really yellow on my Apple monitor as well. The website is more like the true colors…. on my monitor.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We get it! My white balance was off! The point is that it is a cool watch! :thumbup1: Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
623 Posts
No one understands how cool and bright the orange is until they own one. I can't believe how many Lumtec junkies don't have one. It's beyond cool and still so new that everywhere you go you will likely be wearing the first one anyone's ever seen. My M9 kicks the hell out of half my C3 watches in brightness and longevity. And all of them in cool factor.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
I always thought "stealth watches" (a.k.a. "phantom") were misguided... Making a watch difficult to read, by design, seemed kinda like placing duct tape over the speakers of your boom box. I mean what's the need for "stealth?" Nobody's going to be sniper-bait entering and exiting his local Kroger store.

Then I saw the A17 Bull, and I had an epiphany (or something). That is a frigging amazing watch. Just wish it came in mechanical or automatic... :sad:

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ladd, the A 17 is a mighty fine looking watch! I was very impressed with the look and feel of the watch. It wore well for a big watch. :thumbup1: Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I brought 3 watches with me to La for the holidays and my A17 is one of them.

It definitely gets a lot of wrist time!

Sent from AtlantaDave's iP4 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts