·
Banned
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Banned
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. It's fantastically cool. I also love single button, crown press chrono graphs. I saw Longines 1930 model in their museum. Fantastic.
This is a great piece.

I have 3 mint, working offsets 2 Elgin (1918) and a Hampden from 1917.
I also have a Waltham but I need a balance wheel for it.

Thanks for posting
Regards
A

·
Registered
656 Posts
I just watched the youtube video, and that is 1:40 of my life I'll never get back. Classic example of marketing run amok. That being said, the watch is stunningly gorgeous and very well designed!

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Very interesting...

You are SO right Adam...
How interesting that what is old is new again and this old classic design
is being brought back... we both have several of this design (old of course)
and I know Stan is a big fan as well...
Maybe the watch manufacturers are reading the Forums these days:lol:

I will post some of mine when I get a chance.
G

·
Banned
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well Longines did make this watch in the 30s.
That said I now have 4 pcs
Two Elgins from 1918
0ne Hampden from 1917
And a Waltham - not working

Best
A

·
Registered
656 Posts
I love the resurgence of classic design that we're seeing among watch manufacturers. Now, if only a real watch company would buy the rights to Benrus & re-issue a modern interpretation of the Sky Chief or the Airman...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Banned
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes. Very good point I guess Benrus is 'just' so forgotten! Sad but true. Longines know their history. No one knows Benrus.

Adsm

·
Registered
88 Posts
Makes sense if you're in a very cramped cockpit to just glance down at a wrist-watch. Design it so the pilot isn't forced to cock his head to the side.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just watched the youtube video, and that is 1:40 of my life I'll never get back. Classic example of marketing run amok. That being said, the watch is stunningly gorgeous and very well designed!
Hey, it was only 1 minute 40 seconds, and it accomplished its objective, which is to show the product in a manner which enhances its brand image. Hardly "marketing run amok," IMO. To be subject to that, try being a buyer at, say, a grocery chain, and have some paper towel salesman make you look at a 20 minute trade film entitled something like, "The Romance of Pulpwood."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.