WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My new Super Ocean Chronograph has arrived

Hey Guys,

At long last my black dial Super Ocean Chronograph has arrived.

Here are a couple of real quick shots.

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
:drool: Sweet watch Aaron - congrats.
I spent some time at Amberley on an ANZAC exchange, but was only on the base long enough to say G'day, get up close & personal with an F-111 cockpit, and watch the EW guys (I think it was 114MCRU in those days) do their thing (it was loosely in my job description) before heading off base to spend time with some old mates from when I lived in Brisbane (went to High School there).
Cheers...

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Many congratulations Aaron,

The SO chrono is a fantastic and versatile watch.

Can't wait to see more pictures of this beauty.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Trickydicky:thumbup1:

The watch certainly has some serious weight but I wanted a chronograph to use as a tool watch.

So far this watch has fit the build,all I need now is a rubber strap and I am all set.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:drool: Sweet watch Aaron - congrats.
I spent some time at Amberley on an ANZAC exchange, but was only on the base long enough to say G'day, get up close & personal with an F-111 cockpit, and watch the EW guys (I think it was 114MCRU in those days) do their thing (it was loosely in my job description) before heading off base to spend time with some old mates from when I lived in Brisbane (went to High School there).
Cheers...
Thanks Muttley,:thumbup1:

I've been to Amberley a few times mainly to fly in/out.Hot in summer and very cold in winter.(For Queensland weather.)

Still running those F-111s,talk about an aging fleet,they must be averaging 25-30 years old now,and still in use.:eek:hmy:

The photo prop is a RAAF School of Radio Patch which was based at Laverton near Melbourne,Victoria.

I traded one of my Army badges with a mate.I have had that patch for about 25 years now as I knew it would make a great Breitling prop.:001_rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Thanks Muttley,:thumbup1:

I've been to Amberley a few times mainly to fly in/out.Hot in summer and very cold in winter.(For Queensland weather.)

Still running those F-111s,talk about an aging fleet,they must be averaging 25-30 years old now,and still in use.:eek:hmy:

The photo prop is a RAAF School of Radio Patch which was based at Laverton near Melbourne,Victoria.

I traded one of my Army badges with a mate.I have had that patch for about 25 years now as I knew it would make a great Breitling prop.:001_rolleyes:

I see.... well I drove past the army barracks at Lavarack a few times when I was based at RAAF Townsville for a couple of months, but that's about as close as I've been to the green machine in Aust. :biggrin: I did all my Air Force Comms training at RNZAF Wigram, Christchurch (before they shut the base down :mad:)
The patch is the 'right' prop for the Breitling - you need the Army patch for a Chase Durer, or an H3 tritium - much more 'tactical' :wink:
Cheers..

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great score! That watch looks "all business".
BTW what is the height of it?
Thanks Pete,

The watch is quite a lump and certainly makes a very shiney statement.:001_tongue:

A non technical measurement of it (That is with a rule held against it :001_rolleyes:) is approx 15mm.

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Hey Aaron Good Buddy

MANY CONGRATULATIONS

Glad you've finally received it - Wear it well pal

Have a great year ahead

ZIN

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Aaron Good Buddy

MANY CONGRATULATIONS

Glad you've finally received it - Wear it well pal

Have a great year ahead

ZIN

Thanks Mr W.

:wink::wink: nudge nudge :sneaky2:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Beautiful watch! Congrats! I've never given the Superocean Chronograph much attention, but I surely will look into it now...

:thumbup1:

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Beautiful watch! Congrats! I've never given the Superocean Chronograph much attention, but I surely will look into it now...

:thumbup1:

Thanks Jii,

It is a watch that commands attention.I would say that for people that don't want their watch noticed this is not the watch to buy.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congratulations! I have been considering that one myself. I hope you will continue to wear and enjoy it. Best of luck.
Thankyou,it is well worth considering.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
20,790 Posts
Hey Aaron,

I can't believe I missed this thread, so it may be a bit late.. But better late than never... :wink: :lol:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Breitling club! Or as Zin says, the BBB Brotherhood!

Its a great looking watch, one you'll surely get many, many years of service from... Enjoy it! :thumbup1:

So, now that you got the first, what's gonna be the second??? :lol: :scared:

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Aaron,

I can't believe I missed this thread, so it may be a bit late.. But better late than never... :wink: :lol:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Breitling club! Or as Zin says, the BBB Brotherhood!

Its a great looking watch, one you'll surely get many, many years of service from... Enjoy it! :thumbup1:

So, now that you got the first, what's gonna be the second??? :lol: :scared:
Thanks Scott.:blush:

What I really want is a Evo Chronomat with a grey or black dial.I want Batton markers and I really want that pilot bracelet.:001_tt2:I could also live with this watch in a TT version.

I am also interested in a Super Ocean or even a Ti Seawolf as a beater/work watch.:thumbup1:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts