WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I havent seen a Monster with 4R36 yet but my local AD is expecting some SRP231K this week. They are running on 4R36 but certainly no Monsters. More like Tuna but with plastic shroud.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New Seiko monsters

I havent seen a Monster with 4R36 yet but my local AD is expecting some SRP231K this week. They are running on 4R36 but certainly no Monsters. More like Tuna but with plastic shroud.
On the Seiko/Citizen forum they had a post that showed the new style monsters with the 4R36 movement.I think the number was SRP309K1 for the orange with bracelet.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New monsters

Go to the Seiko Citizen forum then go to the Japanese watch discussion section and look for topic the New Monsters by slant.
That's where I got my info from.

·
Registered
76 Posts
There are a few differences between these next gen Monsters and the originals...

The new SRP309K1 will be very interesting with a few new features. 4R36 will uber cool.

As you can see, the dial markings are slightly different, most notable are the index markers. I find these new markers a little more complimentary to the over all design:thumbup1:

The new 4r36 movement is the natural progression from the 4r16 which was basically a 7s26 with one more jewel. But it did serve as the platform for the new 4r35/36 and other 4rxx calibres.
Most notable is that the 4r35/36 hacks and hand winds where the 4r15/16 did not.

This is a huge upgrade for the Monster and all the other watches that it will be installed in.
There are also changes in the balance system and the mainspring that extend the reserve of the watch and produce a movement that is capable of much better accuracy and precision than it's predecessors.

We are going to see many new calibres come out of Seiko and it is a good time to be a Seiko collector :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
As you can see, the dial markings are slightly different, most notable are the index markers. I find these new markers a little more complimentary to the over all design:thumbup1:

The new 4r36 movement is the natural progression from the 4r16 which was basically a 7s26 with one more jewel. But it did serve as the platform for the new 4r35/36 and other 4rxx calibres.
Most notable is that the 4r35/36 hacks and hand winds where the 4r15/16 did not.

This is a huge upgrade for the Monster and all the other watches that it will be installed in.
There are also changes in the balance system and the mainspring that extend the reserve of the watch and produce a movement that is capable of much better accuracy and precision than it's predecessors.

We are going to see many new calibres come out of Seiko and it is a good time to be a Seiko collector :biggrin:
:thumbup1: Couldnt agree more.

·
Registered
68 Posts
These look great!

I picked up an SKX171 a few months back, and was very close to getting a Monster. I'm not sure why, but I held off on getting the Monster. Now I am glad that I didn't get it.

Any word on ETA to market and/or sources for the USA?

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I picked up an SKX171 a few months back, and was very close to getting a Monster. I'm not sure why, but I held off on getting the Monster. Now I am glad that I didn't get it.

Any word on ETA to market and/or sources for the USA?
I havent spotted them yet over here. But I expect they'll be out soon.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I"ll have to have a 309 to go with my current OM and I really like the look of the 313 with the black dial and orange markers.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
For those of you following the new Monsters, Thomas (Yeoman Watch Review) have posted an update recently. The new Monsters are already out in Singapore market and should reach all other markets soon.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts