WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Very cool! The new Ball Fireman Night Train DLC Watch... 45mm!

Click here...

Ball Fireman Night Train DLC 45mm Watch nm2092c-p-bk

Ball Fireman Night Train DLC 45mm Watch
Model #nm2092c-p-bk

Movement: Automatic caliber ETA 2824-2 Functions: Hours, minutes, sweep seconds and date 75 micro gas tubes on hour, minute, second hands and dial for night reading capability Shock resistance: 5,000Gs Water resistance: 100m Case: Stainless steel with DLC coating Ø 45mm, height 11.65mm Anti-reflective sapphire crystal Screwed-in crown Band: Rubber strap with standard buckle Dial: Black Ball Fireman Night Train DLC 45mm Watch Model #nm2092c-p-bk

Retail Price $1,899.00

Ball-NIght-Train-2-Night-Photo-Front-shot.jpg Ball-NIght-Train-2-Night-Photo-Large.jpg

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New Ball Fireman Night Train 2 DLC watch video in High Definition!

Ball Fireman Night Train 2 DLC 45mm Watch
Model #nm2092c-p-bk

Click on this link for the link to the watch video in High Definition.. Ball Fireman Night Train 2 DLC 45mm Watch nm2092c-p-bk

Movement: Automatic caliber ETA 2824-2 Case: Stainless steel with DLC coating (DLC stand for Diamond Like Carbon or Diamond Like Coating. Diamond Like Carbon coating has many commercial applications, including machine tools, aerospace parts, F1 engine parts, pharmaceutical implants, and high end watches. DLC is about 5X as hard as stainless steel, about equal to sapphire! DLC is significantly harder than older coatings such as PVD coatings that is used to make watches have a black color. DLC is extremely wear resistant. Because of its durability, DLC is used as tribological coating for machine tools such as drill bits, saws, and dies. When used on a watch, DLC coatings provide superior durability and wear resistance!) Case Diamteer is 45mm, height 11.65mm Total weight = ~ 4 oz. Functions: Hours, minutes, sweep seconds and date 75 micro gas tubes on hour, minute, second hands and dial for night reading capability (colors of tubes are green, orange and yellow). Shock resistance: 5,000Gs Water resistance: 100m Anti-reflective sapphire crystal Screwed-in crown Stainless Steel screw down back Band: Rubber strap (vanilla scented) with standard buckle Ball Fireman Night Train 2 DLC 45mm Watch Model #nm2092c-p-bk otherwise known as Ball Fireman Night Train II Watch.

Retail Price $1,899.00

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Steve,

You've always got the best-lit pictures. If I ever want to see what a Ball watch really looks like, I come to your website.

Thanks for the link!

Rob

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yep, I'm really digging the new, larger case size Night Train and I'm sorry to have to report that my trusty 3 1/2 year old everyday wear GEN I Night Train has now begun to lose its power reserve. I find myself having to manually wind and reset it every few days, even with my having worn it all day long at work. :sad:

Is it service time already?

I thought I could go about 5 years or so before service and re-oiling the movement. It's still keeping great time when its running, it just does not have the power reserve to get through the night while sitting in its box.

I'm 6 months out of warranty and my AD is in another state, so should I take it locally to my watchmaker to have it looked at?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Probably best to send for servicing morrison2951. Mine is a gen 1 2007 UTC Night Train. I'm still having great time, what I really am looking forward to is the Tube replacement!!

I hope I don't have to wait too much longer. The ultra bright tubes is what I'm missing right now. I'll do a current shot comparison with my honeymoon period pics. :001_smile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts