WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For you newer members, you may not be familiar with all the references to Invicta and cheese. Sit down for a moment. . . oh, I see that you already are seated. Good, now please listen up.. . . . . .

A long time ago, in the now distant land of ProBoards was a magical Invicta administrator named boscoe. And to add a little levity (and calcium) to the discussion on this, THE ORIGINAL INVICTA FORUM, he started to refer to Invicta watches as cheese. Why? Beats the cheese outta me. Actually, I think it had something to do with the yellow boxes in which the watches reside. Or the fact that at times the customer service and quality control leaves a bit to be desired OR in other words, CHEESY! Anyway, this boscoe fellow has departed this land and has ventured far. . . . all the way to the WTF General Forum where he is a moderator there. He now dispenses wit and wisdom on that forum with a . . . . rooster named foghorn. Every now and again, they come back to our cheese yellow land for a visit and to show off their new Invicta watches. But I digress.

In honor of our new forum, I thought the membership could assign a type of CHEEEEEESE that best describes the many models of Invicta watches. Feel free to post a pic if you own the watch you are naming. Click here for a short list of cheeses: http://www.rateitall.com/t-133-types-of-cheese.aspx?age=&zipcode=&gender=&sort=0&pagesize=all

OK, I'll go first. . . yellow dial (my first Invicta) Grand Pro Diver=American Cheddar.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Anything with a "Swiss Parts Movement" = (you guessed it!) Swiss Cheese (cause it's fulla holes!)

·
Registered
417 Posts
And here all this time I thought you guys were poking fun at Eyal. :eek:hmy:

Here's my contribution... provalone?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Blue Cheese

Man I got lucky and got in on this thread early.:thumbup1:

Of course this would be,
Blue Cheese!:001_tt2:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Laughing Cow Cheese:

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Green cheese:

Always remember:

Nothing says Swiss like Cheese. And nothing says Cheese like Invicta!

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow! We not only have WIS' here but cheesy gourmets. . . what a forum.:thumbup:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Velveeta

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice pic, watchbadger. And welcome to the Original Invicta Forum.

Havarti run out of cheese for this thread?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts