WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been one heck of a year here for "incomings". I kind of went nuts, but man, was it fun!

Now it seems, even my wife and dogs have caught "incoming" fever...

Earlier this week my wife mentioned she was interested in a GPS sport watch for tracking calories, distance and more when she's out exercising. After a quick email to a friend who has one, and another quick call to REI, I brought home this cool, touch screen GPS enabled fellow - a Garmin Forerunner 610:

I was impressed when I walked outside this morning and within in a few seconds it had my lat/long and altitude locked in. You can sync it with your computer and the supplied software to track time, distance, calories, etc., and use it to help with interval training, as it'll vibrate on whatever interval you set it to. Might have to give it a try sometime myself.

A short time later, this kindly lady visited me with a "heavy box". It was a bit of Christmas magic seeing her walking towards the house.

While I understand most people think the colors of Christmas are red and green, to me it'll always be purple and orange!

From here, after a few quick breaths to calm down, the "event" resembled many other unwrappings...for a bit...

I grabbed my knife, and carefully opened the box. Admittedly, a large box for one watch...

Hmmm...well, there's the watch, but what else is in there?

Ah ha! There's reading material as well, courtesy of the AD...

While books and catalogues are all well and good, next I endevoured to get into the meat of things. Open up that nice little red box.

Hmmm...a sock with a logo on it...what could this be leading to?

Oh my - even nicer in person! Omega Planet Ocean XL (2901.51.82) ...even with the plastic wrappings still attached.

From here, things went to the dogs. Literally. Reno, our sporty English Spring Spaniel wanted to take a turn with the new Omega first. He's a good boy, so we fixed him up for some lounging on his favorite chair. Ready for lounging, or ready for action, he's all set with his Planet Ocean.

No sooner had I turned around, and Boca, one of our Cavalier King Charles Spaniels took off with the watch. She claimed it looked better on her as an accessory collar.

Naturally, Diva wanted a go too, and she felt this made her look very hip and current.

Boca ended up with the watch in the end. Here she is working on adjusting the buckle.

"That's right. I own this Planet!"

Curling up for a nap with the Planet...and keeping an eye on Diva, too...

Getting sleepy...maybe Daddy will get his watch back...

The watch, like the dogs, came with papers. Purebreds all 'round!

Having finally liberated my new PO from the dogs, I set about snapping some pics:

I've been wearing this gem for the past 4+ hours now, so some expert observations follow:

1 - my neighbors are jealous. They haven't seen the watch yet, but they're jealous. ;)
2 - its very comfortable
3 - lighter than I expected
4 - 45.5 mm case is just the right size for my 8.5 inch wrist
5 - rare treat in that the watch fit me perfectly with no adjustments needed
6 - easily the best rubber strap I've ever seen
7 - keeping time beautifully - I've had to reset all the other clocks and watches in the house to match the superior Omega time which I know is hyper accurate
8 - dog approved
9 - its a fine timepiece to sit and stare at
10 - oh yeah, this is a keeper...

Now, I need to offer thanks to the members of this forum, as three of them had a hand in this purchase. I won't name names, but two gents got me sorted with the dealer I ended up buying from, and another member got me in touch with another, very helpful dealer. This forum is such a huge resource, so I recommend to anyone buying a watch, whether its for yourself, a friend, or even for the dog, ask here for direction. The folks in this forum won't steer you wrong.

You know who you are - thank you for your help and assistance. Your guidance got me the watch I wanted at the price I wanted.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go stare at my watch for a while...before the dogs want it again.

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
It's now official. I can give you the standard for all PO, Doxa, and other watches that arrive of that color combo:

BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! :thumbup1:

And from one dog person to another: Fe-leash Navi-dog!

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
:001_wub::001_tt1: That looks fantastic! I love the PO with the orange in it. I think one day I will have to add one to my collection. Congrats!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:001_wub::001_tt1: That looks fantastic! I love the PO with the orange in it. I think one day I will have to add one to my collection. Congrats!!
Thanks Wombat. Almost a week now and the only problem so far is how poorly all the rest of my clocks keep time around the house when compared to the Omega... ;)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Don't know what I like more your dogs or PO all are keepers.Wear,enjoy and play with them all.Merry Christmas.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't know what I like more your dogs or PO all are keepers.Wear,enjoy and play with them all.Merry Christmas.:thumbup1:
Thanks Casy. :) Though one of those little gems pee'd on the bed last night... :( Life with dogs is rarely boring... :biggrin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts