WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was finally able to tear myself away from the office.

Awaiting my return to the ranch was my new Invicta 4791 Pro Diver:

I must say, this is a heavy duty watch; far more substantial in feel than I thought it would be. It feels very good on my wrist; nice and weighty (which I like), although I may opt to have a link taken out. I've got it sized down as far as possible as it is, and it's just a touch too loose.

I will say, however, that I'm not certain I love it, and for one reason: the dial. The "circular buffed steel" look is almost overdone in my opinion. But, I don't believe it's gonna' be a deal-breaker. And, even if it was, I'd be far more inclined to keep it and get another than return it and get another.

Hell, I'm probably gonna' get another, anyway.

Oh, and up until now, I was not fully aware of the significance of the "yellow" comments and the "cheese" comments that I've seen here.

I'm happy to say that joining your ranks, as an Invicta owner, has solved that mystery...

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seriously wild dial. "43" is the new name of a collection of 43 mm watches
Thanks; now I know!

Yeah, the dial may actually be a bit too wild; looks like the dashboard on my old Trans Am.

We'll see. If it grows on me, I'll keep it. But I just noticed, this morning, the postage-paid return label, iff'n I decide to go that route...

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice watch... Wear it well :thumbup1:
Thanks, although I think I'm done wearing it. That dial is just too much for me. Coupled with the same pattern on the interior portion of the links, it's overkill.

If anyone wants it, it'll be $214.98, which is exactly what I paid including the shipping. Otherwise, it goes back to SNBC on Monday.

I will say, though, that I definitely see an Invicta in my future. I like the watch; the construction and feel are both excellent.

But that dial's killin' me...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.