WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the crown of my Oris diver chronograph can't screw down tight.

is the crown broken? I can still wind the watch normally but it doesn't screw down tight :confused1:

does anyone know how much it would cost to fix it? does the crown need to be replaced ? my watch is 3yrs old.

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
Hi Sito,
When you try to tighten the crown does it just spin in place? Try pressing the crown gently onto the thread then turn the crown in the opposite direction (as if you are unscrewing it) until you feel it line up with the thread, then try gently tightening it.
Never overdo the pressure when trying to tighten the crown. You may have cross-threaded the crown or the threaded steel 'barrel' (not correct term, I know) it screws onto.
If the crown needs replacing it will probably need to go to an Oris AD for replacement but hopefully shouldn't be too expensive as it's a straight replacement, not repair. If the 'barrel' is cross-threaded I'm not sure what's involved in the repair of that part as I believe it's an integral part of the case.
I'm not a watchmaker, so all opinions are my personal opinions only - find a good watchmaker for the 'real deal'
Best of luck - let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Sito,
When you try to tighten the crown does it just spin in place? Try pressing the crown gently onto the thread then turn the crown in the opposite direction (as if you are unscrewing it) until you feel it line up with the thread, then try gently tightening it.
Never overdo the pressure when trying to tighten the crown. You may have cross-threaded the crown or the threaded steel 'barrel' (not correct term, I know) it screws onto.
If the crown needs replacing it will probably need to go to an Oris AD for replacement but hopefully shouldn't be too expensive as it's a straight replacement, not repair. If the 'barrel' is cross-threaded I'm not sure what's involved in the repair of that part as I believe it's an integral part of the case.
I'm not a watchmaker, so all opinions are my personal opinions only - find a good watchmaker for the 'real deal'
Best of luck - let us know how you get on.
oh ok. thanks for your tip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.