WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw this discussion on another forum, and I thought that it would be fun to bring up here..

Please note, I have driven/worn each watch/car listed below, I have been fortunate enough to own a few of them, and I think each one brings something special and unique to the table.

So, here it goes:

Rolls Royce: Rolex: Built to last forever, superbly reliable, staid styling, and dated, but proven engineering.

Ferrari/Lamborghini/Maserati/Lotus: Panerai: Gorgeous, what is inside is suspect, spotty build quality, spotty reliability, but, when they work, they look and run beautifully.

Bentley/Aston Martin: JLC/Zenith/Admars Piquet: Slightly less well built and less reliable than Rolls Royce, stylish, equally sporty and luxurious, and current engineering.

Mercedes: Omega/Cartier/EBEL: Nearly as well built as Rolls Royce, conservative, current engineering, emphasizing luxury over sport.

Range Rover/Jaguar: IWC/Ulysses Nardin/Corum: Less well built less reliable than Mercedes and BMW, stylish, elegant, contemporary engineering, sporty with space, pace, and grace.

BMW: Breitling: Less well built and less reliable than Mercedes, stylish, very modern, very sporty, very innovative engineering, and mixed marks for comfort.

Audi: TAG Heuer: Upstart luxury brand, spotty build quality and reliability, contemporary engineering, strikes a balance between BMW and Mercedes for sportiness, style, and comfort, with some innovative designs.

Peugot: Longines/Baume and Mercier/Rado/Movado: Less reliable and well built than Mercedes but better built than Audi, understated elegance, emphasizing luxury, with dated, but proven, engineering.

Volvo: Oris/Fortis/Sinn/Ball: About as reliable and well built as Peugot, emphasizing stability, safety, and performance, using dated, but proven, engineering, with conservatively innovative styling.

Lexus: Grand Seiko: Traditional conservative styling, unparallelled reliability and build quality, luxurious, innovative engineering, but not as prestigious as the European companies.

Acura: Citizen Campanola/Signature: Innovative styling, engineering, and design, sporty and luxurious, with an emphasis on sport, unparallelled reliability and build quality, but not as prestigious as European companies.

Cadillac: Kobald: Big, loud, and proud.

VW: Movado/Mido/Swiss Army: About the same build quality and reliability as Audi, with some models emphasizing sport and style, other models emphasising luxury and tradition, all with slightly dated engineering.

Toyota: Seiko: The working man's Lexus.

Honda: Citizen: The working man's Acura.

Buick: Hamilton: The working man's Cadillac.

Nissan/Mazda: Tissot/Accutron: Well built and reliable, but less well built and reliable than Honda, emphasizing sport, with current engineering.

Fiat/Mini: Alpina/U Boat/Anomino: A scaled down Lamborghini/Ferrari/Maserati, with all the same problems.

What's your list?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
you can not be serious.

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
I saw this discussion on another forum
You can not be serious!

Had to be WUS - they replay inane topics like a top 40 radio station replays songs until they get annoying. Wanna know what I say to myself every time I'm bored and go take a look at the Public Forum on WUS? "Hey, let's see what the douchebags are saying today."

and I thought that it would be fun to bring up here..
NOOOOOO

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Hey, where's our "How about NO!" bear? He'd be a perfect fit here.

Oh, and while we're discussing repetitive threads that annoy the hell out of members let me just say we don't want any "What's the watch you'd want if you were _____________?" (fill in "stranded on a dessert island", "caught in a zombie apocalypse", "forced to sell off all your others")

K?

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
After we're done with this thread, how about we start another 'Rolex vs Omega/Tag/<any other company>? You know, just for fun:wink:
Isn't that July? I know February is "bash Tourneau" month. Richard should be along soon to clear this up.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Ooooh some of you guys are a little bit p----d off/grumpy. Lighten up, don't let these inane forums get to you. You know they are going to come around all the time..:wink:

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
ulackfocus said:
Hey, where's our "How about NO!" bear? He'd be a perfect fit here.

Oh, and while we're discussing repetitive threads that annoy the hell out of members let me just say we don't want any "What's the watch you'd want if you were _____________?" (fill in "stranded on a dessert island", "caught in a zombie apocalypse", "forced to sell off all your others")

K?
What about your "if you didn't have ---- what would you have?" thread? Or "your screen name" or...

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
What about your "if you didn't have ---- what would you have?" thread? Or "your screen name" or...
Or the "close my account I'm out of here threads" where the poster is just being overly dramatic / pouting & never actually leaves threads.

Or the "I'm sorry I think I know more than I do and will stop talking about things I don't know about" but never actually does threads.

Glass house, meet Mr. Rock.....

Just saying..... :glare: :glare: :glare:

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Scott D said:
Or the "close my account I'm out of here threads" where the poster is just being overly dramatic / pouting & never actually leaves threads.

Or the "I'm sorry I think I know more than I do and will stop talking about things I don't know about" but never actually does threads.

Glass house, meet Mr. Rock.....

Just saying..... :glare: :glare: :glare:
Why didn't you close my account? I've been asking for it for the past few days. Wanna mention that? Close. My. ****ing. Account. There. Ban me

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Classic Rock, Not Top 40!

You can not be serious!

Had to be WUS - they replay inane topics like a top 40 radio station replays songs until they get annoying. Wanna know what I say to myself every time I'm bored and go take a look at the Public Forum on WUS? "Hey, let's see what the douchebags are saying today."

NOOOOOO
I listen to classic rock stations that play the same songs over and over, not top 40 stations!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts