WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

You were just given 367,500 Yen for Christmas and HAD to buy one of these watches.

• I would buy the Grand Seiko SBGR001

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • I would buy the Royal Orient WE0021JA

Votes: 17 33.3%

The Best Of The Best Final Round

8K views 33 replies 22 participants last post by  David Duty 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is your chance to change your vote from our old forum, or just keep the battle going! As of 11/22/2007 in our old forum:

The Best Of The Best Vs. The Best Of The Best

But which is the best?
Each model is a flagship model of the manufacturer.
Each model has an identical list price of 367,500 Yen (about $3,116.63 USD)
The choice is yours (No, I'm not buying)! :D

Contender#1 - GRAND SEIKO SBGR001
daily rate - 3 seconds to + 5 seconds

Contender#2 - ROYAL ORIENT WE0021JA
daily rate - 4 seconds to + 6 seconds

Pictures and list prices from Watch-Tanaka of Japan

Remember: You MUST buy one of the watches, or give back the money! :D

See less See more
#6 ·
I picked the Royal Orient because of the exhibition back and the bracelet.

#8 ·
I know nothing of either watch; but, I was hooked on the Seiko until I saw the Royal Orient's case back. Now that is one nice case back. Decisions....decisions....decisions..... Although the case back is on the Royal is PHENOMENAl, most visibility is in front, so the vote goes to Seiko.

#13 ·
Grand Seiko got my vote but I would buy the day/date version.
The GS appears to have a half link in the bracelet while the Orient does not. If I am correct, shame on the Orient. A watch in this quality and price range should have a bracelet that can be adjusted to fit................................................

#15 ·
Beautiful pictures.

I'd go with the Royal Orient, because of the bracelet.

The RO case is somewhat slimmer, which I think would be more comfortable, although I doubt the Seiko would be unbearable.

#22 ·
I think the square indices of the Seiko give it a 'sharp' appearance. The overall display is very crisp and clean. It looks like very close tolerances with the case and bracelet. Very quality-looking.

That's a beautiful watch for 3 grand. Is that still the price on this thing? How is it for accuracy? Also, what is the size of this case????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.