WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

You were just given 367,500 Yen for Christmas and HAD to buy one of these watches.

• I would buy the Grand Seiko SBGR001

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • I would buy the Royal Orient WE0021JA

Votes: 17 33.3%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is your chance to change your vote from our old forum, or just keep the battle going! As of 11/22/2007 in our old forum:

The Best Of The Best Vs. The Best Of The Best

But which is the best?
Each model is a flagship model of the manufacturer.
Each model has an identical list price of 367,500 Yen (about $3,116.63 USD)
The choice is yours (No, I'm not buying)! :D

Contender#1 - GRAND SEIKO SBGR001
daily rate - 3 seconds to + 5 seconds

Contender#2 - ROYAL ORIENT WE0021JA
daily rate - 4 seconds to + 6 seconds

Pictures and list prices from Watch-Tanaka of Japan

Remember: You MUST buy one of the watches, or give back the money! :D

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Very tough one to call. The Royal Orient displays a very nice decorated in house movement but the King of the Hill GS is no push over.

I vote the GS as I prefer the 'cleaner' look on it's dial if I have to choose between the 2. I also prefer the GS bracelet over the RO's.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I picked the Royal Orient because of the exhibition back and the bracelet.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I would go with the Royal Orient because of the bracelet.

·
Banned
9,123 Posts
I know nothing of either watch; but, I was hooked on the Seiko until I saw the Royal Orient's case back. Now that is one nice case back. Decisions....decisions....decisions..... Although the case back is on the Royal is PHENOMENAl, most visibility is in front, so the vote goes to Seiko.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Is someone looking to buy something here, or its this to take the pulse of the forum? Both are excellent BTW. The Orient is growing on me.

·
Registered
129 Posts
both nice pieces, but i voted for the royal orient... i like the hour markers, the display of the indices & the bracelt better. also i always appreciate being able to see the movement.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Grand Seiko got my vote but I would buy the day/date version.
The GS appears to have a half link in the bracelet while the Orient does not. If I am correct, shame on the Orient. A watch in this quality and price range should have a bracelet that can be adjusted to fit................................................

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Beautiful pictures.

I'd go with the Royal Orient, because of the bracelet.

The RO case is somewhat slimmer, which I think would be more comfortable, although I doubt the Seiko would be unbearable.

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
:) the Seiko just grabs me because of the dial.

the Orient is beautiful, but on this one I have to go with the Seiko.:thumbup1:

diver88:)

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
This old post is an excellent source of pics and info; it's actually one of the first I remember when I joined here in 2008.

Let's continue this discussion.

Angelis

Jimmy, MINI, and all else...I encourage you to jump in.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
One would think that with a Seiko that costs that much, the watch would have an exhibition caseback.

Look at the beautiful Orient.

I choose the Royal Orient!

Angelis:wink:

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
One would think that with a Seiko that costs that much, the watch would have an exhibition caseback.

Look at the beautiful Orient.

I choose the Royal Orient!

Angelis:wink:
Haha...that is just hard decision bro. That Lion medelion caseback is awesome too. I am not sure if there is antimagnetic shielding beneath the GS backcase. But I would take into account the 'Grand Seiko blows COSC accuracy' calibre here as well.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts