WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......The Alameda Market is quite the large affair ......something like 1,000 dealers ....and people come there prepared to buy ! pulling all sorts of big carts and wagons.......

But it's the location that gets me .......it's right on the old runway of the Alameda Air Force Base......and there's a channel right beside it that huge ocean going cargo ships unlead their cargos, with a long line of massive cranes....and the crashing of the containers as they hit the ship ........

This first shot I took from the back of the parking lot for the dealers.......on the left is a long line of ships , and the market is on the right .....

I took this one from in fron of my booth, ...as you can see, those ships are rather close !

going down to the corner , you can look down the aisle and see San Franscico in the distance .....camera lenses make it look farther than it really is .....

and as you drive out .....you can see the rest of the cranes as they continue marching down the channel ....

It's a large place in large surroundings

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you remember those giant articulated things in the Star Wars Trilogy ? .....George Lucas was raised in the bay area, and those cranes were his inspiration for those things .......

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh the big giant ones of course .......those cranes are enourmous.,.......

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
........There are literally hundreds of these giant cranes all over the Oakland waterfront ......there's something about them that fascinates me ......and I really do expect them to walk around in the wee hours of the morning ....wouldn't surprise me at all to see one striding about the city streets .......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts