WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I called and paid the balance owed on my Lum-Tec 300M-1. Bes assured me that we are only a couple of weeks away! YEAH! :thumbup1: Like many of you, I can't wait to get my 300M-1 on my wrist.

I think Chris and the Lum-Tec team hit a home run with the 300M from what I have seen of the promotional photos and read of the specs. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Bill ... I think you are absolutely dead-on on this one!

It will be, indeed, a home run!

I am really "jonesing" for a 300M-1XL; however, I have been also been wanting a yellow-faced diver's watch and, wouldn't you know it ... Boschett just announced that their Cave Dweller, a diver's watch that I have been waiting to come back in inventory for nearly a year, will be back in inventory next week.

Darn! ... decisions decisions!

OkeefenokeeJoe

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Bill ... I think you are absolutely dead-on on this one!

It will be, indeed, a home run!

I am really "jonesing" for a 300M-1XL; however, I have been also been wanting a yellow-faced diver's watch and, wouldn't you know it ... Boschett just announced that their Cave Dweller, a diver's watch that I have been waiting to come back in inventory for nearly a year, will be back in inventory next week.

Darn! ... decisions decisions!

OkeefenokeeJoe
I know exactly how you feel, I've just got a text from my fighter pilot nephew that he might be able to get me a limited edition Bremont, a watch brand I've admired for some time but haven't bite the bullet and bought. Big money but limited runs associated to his work don't come around too often.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys, I know that there are some nice looking watches on the horizon from different manufacturers; however, IMHO the new Lum-Tec 300M series trumps the others. In my case, nothing was going to get in the way of my getting a 300M-1. I have wanted a smaller L-T for ages and soon I will have it! :thumbup1: Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
OMG! The wait is killing me! I'll bet I must check 6 times a day to see if there's any update.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I have no doubt the Lum-Tec gang is working hard to get these out the door. I'm just so stoked and I know it should be any day now. Hell, I'm as bad as a kid on December 23rd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, I know they've been working their butts off to get everything done as quickly as possible. You can always count on Chris and Bes for that.

Since today is November 30th, I would think that the updates page should read "Est. early December" (hopefully) instead of late November. You can't really get any later in November than today.:001_smile:

Keep up the great work guys!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Updates and Availability page updated on 11/30.

Other models updated, but still showing Est. Late November 2012 for 300Ms???
Yeah, somehow I feel late November isn't going to happen. Even if you turn the hands backward on my new 300M-XL, it won't get to me in November. I wish they would update the update page to release immenent or mid December, a window I feel they are more likely to make than the previous two.

Adam

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
If the hold up is receiving movements then they probably don't know exactly when the release date is going to be yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If the hold up is receiving movements then they probably don't know exactly when the release date is going to be yet.

According to Bes, the movements for the 300Ms were delivered on 11-08-12.

movements for the 300M series delivered. estimated completion in 14 days. 400+ movements disassembled and sent for engraving. once back the M52 will be completed. working late hrs this week.

Hopefully there will be some news soon! I know we're all anxious. For me it's a 300M-2XL.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
^Yeah that appears to be correct because Chris said so in the M53/4 thread that the cases were the only thing holding things up, everything else was sitting ready to go.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How are the bezels on the new 300's? Has the easy spin issue been addressed?
While I have not asked either Chris or Bes this question, I feel confident that if there was an issue of any kind it has been addressed. Lum-Tec quality control is first class and I'm really eager to get my 300M-1 on my wrist. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
8 Posts
With the M52s shipping this week, hopefully the 300Ms are close to completion. Although it sounded from Bes' previous post about the arrival of movements that the 300M would be ready before the M52. Especially because the 300M didn't need the rotors engraved. The silence on the 300M status has me thinking that Chris and Bes must be working as hard as they can to get them finished and ready for shipping. Let's hope that they're ready soon.

Nessus, I assume the bezel easy spin issue you are referring to was the one with the 500Ms. I remember a post from Chris a while back saying that it had been addressed with the 300Ms. I couldn't locate the post though. To be honest, i've worn my 500M-1 daily for over 1 1/2 years and haven't really had many issues with the bezel moving too easy. Is it easier to move than other divers i've had, yes. But it really hasn't bothered me. It's obviously bothered a lot of people quite a bit, but it hasn't been a big deal for me. I'm tough on my watches too as evidenced by the character (read as scratches) on them. I don't beat them to hell, but they do get worn for regular and work wear.

Chris and Bes, keep up the great work!

·
Registered
623 Posts
I also assumed they had taken care to make sure they come out right this time but the issue was never addressed. Yes they mentioned it but did not offer a solution. By my reckoning about 70% of them had the problem of not being able to rely on the bezel in any conditions, mine being one of them. To their credit this is the only issue I think the company ever had.

I was on a forum yesterday where a guy was choosing a dive watch and three people advised not to go Lumtec because of this very issue. I hate to see that kind of thing especially since the 500 was so much nicer then the watch he ended up leaning towards.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Chris has informed me that the 300M series watches are undergoing pressure testing and when finished they will begin shipping hopefully by the end of the week. YEAH!

I'm chompin' at the bit to get my 300M-1 on my wrist.Having a 40mm Lum-Tec really appeals to me. As soon as mine arrives I will take some photos and post. Cheers, Bill P.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.