WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hah!

Well it certainly may not be the best username, but I believe it fits, as I do work for Photobucket as a Customer Support Rep :blush:

I'm trying to see what issues are happening with linking photos to the forums from our site, and what is/isn't allowed.

It would appear that large images are not allowed (is there a max size that I had missed?) Watch Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Alloy wheel
(resized from 1024x768 to 500 x 375), and that the image appears in the forum for a bit, then just shows the link after a few hours.

I'm not sure why the image is being turned into a link, and what the URL linked size allowed is. That information would be fantastic so that I can pass that on to our engineers to troubleshoot further.

I do want images from Photobucket to work on the forums, and I would assume the forums users would as well :wink:

Here's hoping we get a more of this figured out.

·
Banned
28,290 Posts
The max size allowed here is 800 x 600 I think. If you post too large the software usually resizes it. However, if you click on "Reply With Quote" as a reply you'll see the full size image in the member's quote until you submit your post.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

I had tried linking an 800x600 image, but it kept displaying this message, Rectangle Azure Font Screenshot Software
. I can upload the image just fine from my computer at that size, Watch Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Alloy wheel
, but linking anything over 500 x --- displays the message above. This appears to be an issue with linking from the web instead of uploading the images directly. Someone may want to look into the settings for inserting an image from a URL to make sure they allow sizes up to 800x600, or post what sizes are allowed.

Thanks! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.