WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What can I say, it was fantastic! Looks great, has some great technology in the car, and drives like a sports car should. I just loved it!! :001_tt1::001_wub::001_wub: I didn't want to give it back. But when my wife saw that it didn't have a back seat at all, then it was immediately vetoed. :sad: I was gutted, it was a gorgeous car and a dream to drive. Ah well. Maybe in 10 years when the kids are older.

In the meantime I need to start looking for a sports car with at least some attempt at a back seat for the kids. I'm thinking a recent model M3, Audi S4, Merc AMG C series. Mabe even a Golf GTI. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
I'm a BMW guy, so you know what my vote is!

Seriously though, I have been driving a 3 series for about 7 years now and for me they are the perfect daily driver.

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally I had planned for a recent model M3, but the more I saw of the Z the more I liked it. I'm sure if I drove an M3 I would love it as well. As with watches, the hunt and chase is almost as much fun as the having.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Aw, go ahead and buy it. Tell you wife that you bought a two seater so just the two of you can do things together. Seeking forgiveness is far more effective than seeking permission.
The first time I brought home a motorcycle, Trophy Wife wasn't happy. The Corvette didn't thrill her too much until I convinced her that I bought it for her. She didn't say too much about the boat and, by the time I got an airplane, she had pretty well given up.
An occasional trip to the jewelry store helps too.
You're gonna love that Z !!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
[email protected]!!! You just wore her down, didn't ya?

Yup, the 370z is a great sportscar for the money. I'm glad you finally got to test drive one!

I'm sure there will be other suggestions, but here are a few sports/sporty cars spanning a wide price range:

Coupes w/backseats:
Mustang GT
Camaro SS
Dodge Challenger w/Hemi
Infiniti G37 Coupe w/manual
BMW M3
Mazda RX8
Hyundai Genesis Coupe
Mini Cooper S Works
Nissan GTR
Merc C Class Coupe

4 door options:
Audi S4
Maxima
Volvo S60 R Design
Subaru WRX STi
Merc C63 AMG
Lexus IS-F
Dodge Charger w/Hemi

Sent from AtlantaDave's iP4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
637 Posts
Whaaat!!! Where,s your sense of country!!! Check out the Australian alternatives, HSV OR FPV, have you driven one lately? Also asking for forgiveness is more manly than asking for permission. Seriously mate I envy you, happy hunting.:thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
I'd be all over the C63.

just for the noise alone. The Zed has a little too much doof about it for me.

The IS-F would probably trundle along next.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Hey Mate,

Maybe a new Skyline GTR, I am not sure how many seats it has? (mmmm godzilla). Otherwise an R series VW Golf or Passat V6 FSI Sedan, both are family cars with a little more go than normal.

At least the best part is the shopping.

Cheers

·
Registered
15,314 Posts
That AUDI S5 is really a gorgeous car :001_wub:

Like John, I am partial to 3-series and now after E36 325 and M3, I drive 3rd one
over 16 years: E46 M3 since late 2003. I kid you not, that car puts a smile on my face
every time I get behind the wheel. Did not drive the latest V8 version of M3
but I am sure it's fabulous....give it a try. It is a great car and HAS real rear back seats :thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
That AUDI S5 is really a gorgeous car :001_wub:

Like John, I am partial to 3-series and now after E36 325 and M3, I drive 3rd one
over 16 years: E46 M3 since late 2003. I kid you not, that car puts a smile on my face
every time I get behind the wheel.
I certainly share that sentiment. My 2011 335i turbo is only slightly slower than the previous generation M3 which Milos drives, and I smile and count my blessings every time I drive it.

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Some good suggestions there. I do like the looks of the Audi A5/S5 but am yet to drive one. I definitely have the M3 in my sights, it has been on my list a long time and am keen to get better acquainted. It's a shame that Holden don't still make the Monaro, that would have been right at the top of the list! They did export it to the US but I forget what it was badged there.

I like the seeking forgiveness line, I use that in regards to my watch purchases!! But in my heart I have to agree, with 2 kids 6 and 8 it really doesn't make sense right now.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Craig,

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Audi. I'm contemplating one for myself. I fell in love with the style, and the headlights look so mean!!!

Please share when you try it!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Another good option that hasn't been mentioned is the g37 S. I have a 350z, and have driven the g37, and I love it. Its a bit heavier than the 370 but has the same engine and similar performance. Also has back seats and is pretty sexy in my opinion. Check it out! Or go with the 911 option. That would be awesome.

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That one isn't sold here is Aus. You can get it imported, but then you don't have much aftermarket support and spares will cost more (in general, I havn't looked into this one specifically). But it looks like a good car! :thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Craig,

if Audi is ringing your bell at the mo', why not something like a RS4?

they're supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts