WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've just been drooling over the many offerings on the CW home page. So how come these are so inexpensive? Are they truly Swiss Made or is it made in Switzerland from Chinese parts? I was looking at the C11 Titanium Elite Chronometer which is a little less than 1k(625 BP) and I want to look before I leap.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Rectangle

Features
Swiss made
Limited Edition of 500 pcs worldwide
Self winding automatic chronometer
COSC certified
38 hour power reserve
Date calendar
Incabloc™ anti-shock system
Satin-brushed Titanium case
Helium release valve
Museum-grade AR08 anti-reflective sapphire crystal
Internal countdown bezel
SuperLuminova™ hands and indexes
Screw down deep-etched engraved
back plate
Unique engraved serial number
High density rubber
dive strap
Luxury presentation case and owner’s handbook

·
Super Moderator
16,684 Posts
I'd say go ahead and leap!

Christopher Ward, in their own words:
Whilst we have a different business model and philosophy to other Swiss Made brands which allows us to create such fine watches at such astonishing prices we are, nevertheless, very proud to be part of the finest watch making industry in the world.
They do not specify what this business model is. And since they are not a public company, they are well within their rights to keep this to themselves. They have also been very specific in their public statements that their watch parts are made and assembled in the Jura Mountains of Switzerland.

·
Banned
778 Posts
I think they were quite specific a few years back when Christopher Ward said himself in a mens magazine article) that they did use ETA movements. I'm not sure what they are doing at the moment though.

I've never heard one complaint about the quality, price or customer service. I would say go for it as well.

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
According to the wording of the law for using the "Swiss Made" label, any watch could use Chinese parts as long as 51% of the value of the watch was made (parts) and/or done (labor) in Switzerland. The Geneva Seal denotes 100% made in Switzerland inside the canton of Geneva.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I've got three CW watches and they're all first rate. I would certainly recommend them!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dangu Veddy Buch!! Now its time to talk with the comptroller....Let's see... got the cards and the flowers and a piece of Tanzanite so I'm prepared for tomorrow. I love it when a plan comes together.

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Owned a C5 Malvern for a minute a couple years ago and would buy one again in a heartbeat. Did a brief comparison between it and the IWC Spitfire XV. The Spitfire won, but it should for the large price difference. If you're talking value, CW takes the cake.

·
Super Moderator
16,684 Posts
Dangu Veddy Buch!! Now its time to talk with the comptroller....Let's see... got the cards and the flowers and a piece of Tanzanite so I'm prepared for tomorrow. I love it when a plan comes together.
Dinner reservations?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.