WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the United States is headed toward recession, if a compromise is reached, many of us will be receiving tax rebates checks. This is theoretically to stimulate consumer spending. Now I'm not interested in whether or not you think this is a good or bad idea, my question is, will you put that money toward a new watch?

·
Banned
2,511 Posts
I will most definatly put it towards a new watch,I'm saving for my next grail,the so called rebate should arrive by the time I have enough money saved.:thumbup1:

What about you Rev?

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
I think I will. Why not? I will just tell the Mrs. I never got my check! ;) I have been wanting one for a while, so this will give me the incentive to get moving.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
This is a tough one. I'm torn. The money is supposed to be spent to stimulate the economy. But I'm kind of a savings guy. We'll see if/when the check arrives.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Mine will go towards paying for the TV I bought before Xmas.
Got a 15 month same as cash deal on a 73" Mits diamond.

·
Registered
314 Posts
New windows for the house hopefully. Maybe fix the fence. If I got a $100 left, it'll fund part of my purchases when I'm on vacation in June. I'll be picking up a Zodiac from the Fossil Outlet and maybe another Seiko Diver from the Seiko Store. I only hope I don't break down and buy anything in the next 5 months besides new bands & straps. :cool1:

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I've stimulated the economy enough in the last two months...2 watches, watch winder, new water heater, plenty of Christmas gifts, and our dog needed a couple teeth pulled. It would go in the bank. I need some time to recover.

·
Registered
578 Posts
My wife has already made plans to stimulate the economy her way so looks like i'll have to wait till i save for my next watch.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Well mine might actually go to a new HDTV. The better half is making lots of noises about that here. I don't even watch the darn thing. So I told her to start saving her money. Oh boy she did not like that at all. =(

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

1 - 13 of 13 Posts