WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this thread may not be about watches, but it certainly deserves to be "at the top of the forum"... :thumbup1:

As we begin the 3 day weekend that unofficially "kicks-off" summer here in the United States, let not forget the reason for the holiday that allows us to spend Monday cooking out, spending time with friends or just relaxing.

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!!

To all those that have or are serving their country, let's take a moment to say THANK YOU for the selfless sacrafices you and your family have made in the name of your country!

----------------

Let's honor our military,
The men and women who serve,
Whose dedication to our country
Does not falter, halt or swerve.

Let's respect them for their courage;
They're ready to do what's right
To keep America safe,
So we can sleep better at night.

Let's support and defend our soldiers,
Whose hardships are brutal and cruel,
Whose discipline we can't imagine,
Who follow each order and rule.

Here's to those who choose to be warriors
And their helpers good and true;
They're fighting for American values;
They're fighting for me and you.

By Joanna Fuchs

------------------------------------------------------

I can't take credit for any of these, they were posted by another member on another forum. But they are certainly worthy of redistrobution...

• Honor, Courage, Commitment
  • Semper Fidelis
  • This We'll Defend
  • Aim High... Fly-Fight-Win
  • Semper Paratus

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Amen!

“Thank You!” to all who serve in our nation’s armed forces and especially to my “Brothers In Blue,” who put everything on the line in our communities every day. I am forever grateful!

R.I.P. Ofc. Jay Sheridan – E.O.W. 09-March-2011

·
Super Moderator
15,651 Posts
(my moment of silence)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
637 Posts
I recently witnessed one of our "highly trained" journalists asking a kid of 22yrs old if he was proud to be wearing his Dads medals at a memorial service. His terse answer was "No there mine, I've done 2 tours of Afghanistan". Our kids are veterans, it really brings home what's happening. I sometimes wonder why and then I wonder how - - - A heartfelt thank you to all Vets and remember if you are having problems, reach out, we owe you.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO SERVE OUR COUNTRY . We must remember that freedom is not free, many have paid the highest price imaginable for that freedom. Which is the real reason for Memorial Day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts