WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Breitling
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, have a question on the tag heuer way201a; Just purchased a display case watch from 'The Bay' in Toronto on Thursday for 40% off retail and noticed it was slightly marked however one thing particularly ummm different from what I'm used to is the date can be adjusted while the second hand runs, if I pull the crown out further it stops. Basically my question is if it's normal for this model to have the second hand run while I adjust the date. Never seen it before.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats The Aquaracer is a nice piece. If I might make a suggestion, Get yourself a winder. The ETA 2824 movement does not like to be hand wound on a regular basis. I am not an expert, but I have read this many times and had a not so good experience with a pre owned Aquracer.

·
Super Moderator
16,700 Posts
The 2824-2 movement isn't supposed to be hand wound. That's just to get the thing going. The mainspri is wound by the continuous motion of your wrist.

·
Registered
Breitling
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats The Aquaracer is a nice piece. If I might make a suggestion, Get yourself a winder. The ETA 2824 movement does not like to be hand wound on a regular basis. I am not an expert, but I have read this many times and had a not so good experience with a pre owned Aquracer.
Thank you for the reply, may I ask what happened?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you for the reply, may I ask what happened?
I got it used on ebay. The winding was horrible, really rough and gritty. I took it to a Tag store and the SA let me handwind a new one. The new one wound nice and smooth. I knew immediately something was wrong, Luckily the ebay seller had the wrong year of the watch which was easily discovered on the Tag Website. I made the seller take it back. Perhaps the original owner wound it too much. As I said before I think a winder is worth looking into. Super convenient if you dont wear the piece everyday, especially with the date.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts