WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a similar experience? What was the cause? Did they get good sercice from TAG Heuer?

My Aquaracer automatic caliber 5 watch is on its way back to me from Switzerland. It was sent there because it kept stopping after a complete mechanical service in July last year which left me with no confidence in the local watch workshop. After it had been tested locally, I was told that its accuracy was within acceptable tolerence but that it did stop about every 3 days despite the power reserve being fully wound and the watch worn for 14 hours each day. The caliber in the watch is the Sellita SW200. After retesting the local TAG Heuer watchmaker advised that the caliber should be replaced with an ETA 2824-2 but gave no explanation. I insisted the watch be sent to TAG Heuer's HQ. Their Global Service Manger agreed with the proposal to change the caliber and explained that they had seen that the ETA caliber was more reliable over time than the Sellita one. In January he stated that they would be replacing the caliber with a new Sellita one but with no explanation as to why! My watch is now back in my home country at customs. Yesterday I was told that the watchmaker in Switzerland had only replaced the escapement with a new one and not the whole caliber! I understood that the escapement controlled the accuracy of the watch not the winding of the mainspring. Why 3 different repair proposals from TAG Heuer? To me this standard of customer service is terriblle! We pay a lot not only to buy the watch but to have it serviced, surely we should get an efficient standard of service and be informed exactly what the issues with our watch are and be advised of one clear solution.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts