WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everibody!!

I have Military Swiss 20000ft limited series that I used it two or three times. I am a watch colector and I choice one of that on my colection, because the tests done on it showed on WEB. For my surprise, I think that it is not true. It is not possible beleave that in the few times that I use the watch, the crowm do not shut more, and the watch cannot be used. The crown and the tube do not shut more!!!! (umbeliveble)

After asking many times the manufacturer asking reposition part, they told me that it is not possible and I have to send the watch to SWISS. Well, I live in BRAZIL, and I have my personal watchmaker that fix all kinds of watchs including perpetual calendar!! and others one!!

Well I am asking many many times again the SWISS MILITARY staff to send me that parts and no answer. It is dificult to accept that SWISS MILITARY do not help the customers.

Does somebody knows where I cam find this parts (crown and tube for that watch)? Sincerly I cam not recoment for nobody this label!!I am very decepcioned with them!!!Think a lot before buy this watchs. This is the motive because others labels has a great name. They give techinical assintance worldwide!!!

:sad: Thanks for all Leo

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
Keep in mind I do not know of ANY manufacture that will send any part directly to a customer or a non-licensed watchmaker. In addition, even if they did it would instantly void your warranty as all repairs must be done by their service center or one authorized to service their product. You're not going to win that battle and get them to mail you or your watchmaker the parts. So while I appreciate your frustration at having a watch that shouldn't have even left QS, remember things do break and you're getting a pretty standard response.

I don't know how long you've had it, but if it's not very long maybe see if they're willing to return it and send you a new one.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi! Thanks for your answer and really I'm very frustred with that. I've had the watch for three years, but used it three or four times maximum. I decide use it in my last trip to TURKEY (hollidays) and it happened there in beguining of the trip. I keeped the watch all the rest of the trip (25 days). Really that watch is not reliable like they sell the image!!! I have many others and never had problems like this!!

Any way, It is very dificult from here BRAZIL, send the watch by mail to them, but if it is the one way, I must do it, but I need a answer from them!!

Thanks again for your attention

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
Oh trust me I understand your frustration. I've had similar experiences with other brands and didn't like it either. But I do understand their point. You may say you have a god watchmaker, but they really don't know. There's too many hacks out there who may say they know stuff and then get the parts and have no idea what they're doing, break it further then blame the company for it. The only way for them to be 100% sure is control the parts distribution.

Is it 'right'? Maybe not for those of us who really do have good watchmakers or the knowledge to do this stuff ourselves. But us WIS's are a small minority of the watch buyers, and we just have to accept this frustrating part of the hobby.

My advise would be send them a new email saying you need to get service and it's hard to mail from Brazil to Switzerland. Ask if they have any Latin America facility you may be able to use. They may, they may not. If not, ask if they have anything in North America if that's easier for you to mail to than Europe. If not, I'm afraid you're stuck with Switzerland. Just make sure you send it in a traceable method.

Good luck!!

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi ! Today I received e-mail return from Miss Tina from Military Swiss and I am very happy for that. It means that my watch are close to be fited. After see this forum and Miss Tina recomendation, I decided send the watch to them to be repaired in factory on Swiss. She gave me all instructions how to send it with a secure form. I will do that next January. When this novel will be finished I will ask this forum again.
I would like thanks to this forum that clarify me better to take a decision!!!!!! Great!!!

Mary Christmas and Happy New Year for all on this exelent forum!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.