WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've had my hamilton Khaki Chrono at my watchmaker for a little while and asked him to replace the crystal (while he was doing a COA). After receiving two generic replacement crystals that don't quite fit properly, he wanted to get one from Swatch Group (or the parts vendor in the states that deals with them) and they won't sell him one. I know they had restricted ETA movements, but didn't realize that they were attempting the same thing with parts. I know why they are doing it, they want to get people to send their watches to the Swatch service centers for any work. I would rather give a watchmaker I know the business, and not have to send it back to Swatch Group. Seems like a very shortsighted business decision. I may be more inclined to buy a different brand if I don't have to deal with that stuff.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dennis,
No luck, at least its not listed. The generic ones don't fit exactly, so I'm trying to get one from Swatch-not going to happen. By the way Jesse has the watch and he can't get one. I think I'll live with the small scratch on the existing one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Crystal

Dennis,
No luck, at least its not listed. The generic ones don't fit exactly, so I'm trying to get one from Swatch-not going to happen. By the way Jesse has the watch and he can't get one. I think I'll live with the small scratch on the existing one.
Looking at their site it seems you might need to send them the watch to custom fit the crystal. Might be the only way to do it.
Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.