WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the two movements equal in quality.The SW200 says Swiss made,at least on the pictures I've seen.The NH35A is a Japan movement but where is the watch made?

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
The watch itself is made in china unless it says otherwise. They are both great movements but I personally like the SW200

·
Registered
302 Posts
I own both. The NH35A is made by Seiko, that I do know and the SW200 is a Swiss made movement, has been for years. The sweep of the second hand in the SW200 is superior to the NH35A also, its far smoother running imo.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
I own several SW200 watches and I love them. Its a solid movement so far with a really nice sweep. I don't own a NH35A but would like to if a good deal comes along. I've only heard good things about the NH35A. I guess it would really come to how much are willing to spend but it doesn't seem like you could go wrong either way.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks, I'd like to get an auto sometime but will regulating it be a problem?

The SW200 auto is very popular and the NH35A is as well. If you had to have one or the other regulated you could take it to any good jeweler and have it done with no problems. I have a 9937OB Ive worn for well over a year and never had it regulated. In fact it is still running + 3-4 sec off the Naval clock consistently. A great movement for sure.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Japan Makes Good Movements

Personally I would go with the Japanese movement.

The SW 200 has had issues in the past, which the manufacturer said they fixed. However I will not ever purchase this movement again.

·
Banned
964 Posts
I have not bought a SW200 since the first three I bought were all faulty in some manner. Maybe its time to try again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts