WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have had the 4469 for about a week now and the SW200 inside is about 15 seconds fast is this normal and will it break in.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
hi i have had the 4469 for about a week now and the SW200 inside is about 15 seconds fast is this normal and will it break in.
Yes, after about a 6 week period it will settle down. Both of mine are now about +3.5 seconds per day. If you find after that period that it is too far off of that mark you can have the watch regulated.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I disagree I have 2 sw200 one is a COSC and its like Falcon said 3+to 4+ a day.The other is Ocean Ghost Diamond Meteorite and it runs about what yours does 15+ to 16+
per day.What you can do is find a jeweler and have it regulated.As of now I still have not done the Regulating.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Well I can tell you that both of my SW200 movements were running erratically for around 6 weeks. If you have it regulated now you will be doing it again in a little over a month. The movement will settle down and you may not have to have it regulated at all. That is what happened with both of my SW200 movements, there was no need for me to have either one adjusted.

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
15 secs is an acceptable rate for a non COCS and non adusted movement of any make.
In all my experience with all sorts of movements I have never experienced a "settling in" period. What I get out of the box is where it stays.
Most movement makers would rather see a consistant rate like + 15 secs on a daily basis rather than a variable rate which changes over time.

Any movement can be regulated to your desired "specs" .

This an oft debated subject and the above is based on my experiences.

Bottom line-your movement sounds fine.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I recieved my 4469 for christmas it was running around +14 - +15 fast per day as of this posting it runs +3- +4 i would give it a little time.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
My SW200 movments have lost time as I wore them. My first Invicta gained about 18 seconds a day out of the box and 6 months later it was at 10 without any fine tuning. I did wear the watch daily, and it did not sit on a shelf and not run during this time.

I have regulated one watch with this movement.

With any new mechanical device, it is probably a good idea to let it run for a while before it is regulated. IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts