WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure about this one. Maybe my expectation was too high :confused:

I don't know what the norm is, but the lum on my new Planet Ocean doesn't very long before it becomes too faded to really be useful. I guess the only reason I'm disappointed is because it doesn't last any longer and my €100 Junkers chrono

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
:8

the super luminova on my 2254 glows better and longer than my Great White.

they also glow much better and longer when charged by bright sunlight as opposed to artificial light.:thumbup1:

diver88:thumbup:

·
Banned
18,138 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well it was charged by artificial light and not very long. But it was charged by a very high output SureFire flashlight and both watches got the same amount of light for the same length of time. Both watches stayed readable for maybe ~15min

But forgetting all that, what would the charge time be in natural sun light to reach fully charged?

Thanks

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
Mine starts out very bright after about 15 secs exposure to a 100 watt bulb and stays readable,though with less brighness, all night.:confused1:

·
Banned
9,123 Posts
BTW, my LV has superluminova, and I am not sure how long it takes to 'charge'; but, I noticed by the time the movie ends, so does my lume. I am not a fan of it, and would rather tritium in the future.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it seems to be a pretty mixed bag of results :001_unsure:

Mine sure doesn't last all night after 10sec of exposure to a 100W light. But overall its a pretty minor complaint on an outstanding watch!

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
:) hey Mr Xpat,

I can be out in the sun with my 2254 (in a boat) and hop off into the ocean and have Lume bright enough that at the end of the dive (50mins) that you still can see it VERY well at a quick glance (really bright). I have noticed that indoors at night I can still tell what time it is if you look hard after 3 or 4 hours, it gets pretty dim.

if you think about it, the intended lume use technically for seeing the time easily underwater on a dive for a reasonable length of time for safety, the by product is being able to use the lume like most folks at night.
I think I want to say the performance of my super luminova may have improved slightly after more exposure to sunlight, after a few weeks of wearing it, might have just been my perception...:thumbup1:

diver88:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts