WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SC B1 is fast becoming my favorite watch. If there was a matching bracelet, it would be dangerously close to my idea of watch perfection. Mine is really accurate. If I wear it 24/7 it remains within +- 2 seconds. I keep it on top of the reserve - I wind it several times a day.

·
Registered
371 Posts
My SC-B1 is also my favorite watch and of all my watches, it's the one that gets the most notice/comments. People are always asking me about it or will just say how cool it is. I've not taken it off since I got it in August. In fact, I have an M-47 that's been sitting in the box unopened for months now and I'm not talking about the Lum-Tec box, I haven't even opened the mailing packaging yet... I just got it from the mail man and put it in the closet... Maybe I'll put it under the tree at Christmas an open it then :)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My SC-B1 is also my favorite watch and of all my watches, it's the one that gets the most notice/comments. People are always asking me about it or will just say how cool it is. I've not taken it off since I got it in August. In fact, I have an M-47 that's been sitting in the box unopened for months now and I'm not talking about the Lum-Tec box, I haven't even opened the mailing packaging yet... I just got it from the mail man and put it in the closet... Maybe I'll put it under the tree at Christmas an open it then :)
Where did you purchase that strap? I like it.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
My SC B1 is fast becoming my favorite watch. If there was a matching bracelet, it would be dangerously close to my idea of watch perfection. Mine is really accurate. If I wear it 24/7 it remains within +- 2 seconds. I keep it on top of the reserve - I wind it several times a day.
I have the SC-B2 since a few days and I too would really like a matching bracelet for the SC series.

Problem is that now all ETA's go into Swatch Group watches only, no more of the SC-B1 and SC-B2 can be made.
Therefor it doesn't look like we're going to see enough Super Combats out there to justify a bracelet production run.
I think Chris said they need to order 1000 pieces minimum... Only a few hundred SC-Bx are made so far afaik.

Perhaps if Chris comes up with a new Super Combat in 2012, possibly with Miyota 9015 or other movement that could be used in the SC case.
Else, this is it for the SC-B, but it sure would be an awful waste of the hundreds of Ti watch cases that already have been made in advance.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the SC-B2 since a few days and I too would really like a matching bracelet for the SC series.

Problem is that now all ETA's go into Swatch Group watches only, no more of the SC-B1 and SC-B2 can be made.
Therefor it doesn't look like we're going to see enough Super Combats out there to justify a bracelet production run.
I think Chris said they need to order 1000 pieces minimum... Only a few hundred SC-Bx are made so far afaik.

Perhaps if Chris comes up with a new Super Combat in 2012, possibly with Miyota 9015 or other movement that could be used in the SC case.
Else, this is it for the SC-B, but it sure would be an awful waste of the hundreds of Ti watch cases that already have been made in advance.
Another reason I hope Swatch crashes and burns...

·
Registered
845 Posts
The Super Combat B1 is my favorite watch too.

I wear mine on the all black NATO strap and prefer the black PVD rings. I am glad that LUM-TEC did not make the rings grey to match the titanium watch body.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I too have an M47, but wear mine whenever I don't want to expose my manuals and autos to vibration. It's a good looking watch and quite impressive on the bracelet. As someone said, "a large kit". It attracts a lot of attention.

I find myself wearing quartz pieces much more often than in the past. I got hooked on the B10, which I wear daily and have beat the hell out of it, but it doesn't seem to hurt it. It's beginning to look like a combat watch.

Bought the "Velco Strap". Thanks for the help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts