WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while since I've posted but wanted to give a shout out to my Super Combat B-1. I bought it as a pre-order a couple of years ago and have had it since it was first released. It quickly became my everyday timepiece and my enthusiasm for it hasn't subsided yet. I love looking at it, love how it doesn't look like most other watches, love the military/aviator look and love how it looks like a dial on a dashboard. Love the lume, love winding it up every morning and I love how well it keeps time. It's tough and rugged and it's taken some knocks which is a requirement for my work. I also have to give a big shout out to the quality of the Nato band. In the beginning I tried a couple of other bands (which are in these pictures) but they only lasted a couple of months before they wore out and got raggedy looking but the Lum-Tec band that came with the watch performs like a champ and still looks and feels great and hasn't frayed or needed to be replaced and doesn't look like it will need to be for a long time.

Here are a few wrist shots I've taken over the last couple of years as well as a couple borrowed from the LT site. Thanks for making such a great quality watch and if anyone reading this is thinking about getting a Lum-Tec, don't be afraid to pull the trigger... you'll be happy you did.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I pre-ordered mine as well. I love my SC B2 and no matter what other watches I own, I will always enjoy wearing it. It is a keeper.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Pre-ordered my SCB2 as well.

It is, by far, the shining star of my meager collection of watches.

Everything you said and then some, Twizzit, regarding the quality, ruggedness, and out-right good-looks of this watch.

OkeefenokeeJoe

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
You guys are a funny bunch, Thwizzit is praising the SC-B1 and all you guys do is saying how great your B2's are, lol!

I solved that 'problem' by getting both of them :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Well …. they're fraternal twins and you really can't praise one without praising the other.

OkeefenokeeJoe
I guess that's true Joe, they are both truly awesome.
Makes me wonder what will ever look better than these two...

A SC-B3 with small seconds at 9 perhaps?
Dunno, personally I like symmetry in a design, but am really curious what chris & bes have up their sleeve.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I guess that's true Joe, they are both truly awesome.
Makes me wonder what will ever look better than these two...

A SC-B3 with small seconds at 9 perhaps?
Dunno, personally I like symmetry in a design, but am really curious what chris & bes have up their sleeve.
I think something special is just around the corner and I'm guessing we WILL see a small seconds at the 9 position.

Whatever the case, my order-finger is poised, ready to strike.

OkeefenokeeJoe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts