WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all.

I'm looking for an inexpensive watch for daily wear. $100 or less is my ideal price range.

I love the look of the Hamilton Viewmatic, but I'm not ready to spend $700 on a watch yet:

Hamilton Watch · Viewmatic

Brown leather band, clean, simple silver face without a bunch of extra stuff on it. I like the 6,9,12 numbering with the dashes in between, with the simple date window.

Considering all that, any recommendations for a cheaper, similarly styled watch?

[non-sponsor links removed]

These Skagens are the closest I can find to the kind of styling I'm looking for, although a 40mm case diameter seems ideal for my wrist. Suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
15,649 Posts
Besides amazon's Skagens, maybe Nixon or Orient? There is very little out there for under a C note that will still be working a year from now.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Some here will criticize Invicta but I've had one for about three years that has been totally problem free, keeps great time and still looks good.
I bought it from one of the forum sponsors, Discount Watch, and they were great to deal with.

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
As mentioned, the Seiko 5 line is a nice watch for under $100. I've also seen some very nice looking Kenneth Coles around that price too.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Besides amazon's Skagens, maybe Nixon or Orient? There is very little out there for under a C note that will still be working a year from now.
I think that's a little bit over the top. I can think of many inexpensive watches that can be expected to stay working for several years... if not decades. I'm particularly hard on watches, and usually only choose models with sapphire crystals, but under a hundred, I think Skagen is a good choice, as well as several Timex models. I also have a Kenneth Cole (Chinese movement) watch that has been working well for about 4 years, and I have no reason to expect it to quit any time soon, and a couple of Skagen quartz watches that have been going strong for over a decade now. In the under $100 range, I'd go quartz, as any mechanical watches that low are likely to be more trouble than they're worth... unless you're thinking of used, then there are a few more options.

·
Banned
8 Posts
Hey all.

I'm looking for an inexpensive watch for daily wear. $100 or less is my ideal price range.

I love the look of the Hamilton Viewmatic, but I'm not ready to spend $700 on a watch yet:

Hamilton Watch · Viewmatic

Brown leather band, clean, simple silver face without a bunch of extra stuff on it. I like the 6,9,12 numbering with the dashes in between, with the simple date window.

Considering all that, any recommendations for a cheaper, similarly styled watch?

[non-sponsor links removed]

These Skagens are the closest I can find to the kind of styling I'm looking for, although a 40mm case diameter seems ideal for my wrist. Suggestions?
you can find a lot of nice ones under 100 on [non-sponsor removed - read the rules of the forum please]

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Orients are a great option, so are invicta, I have a grand diver that has been worn hard day in and day out for three years, and it's running great and has not missed a beat in anyway. Otherwise if you save for a few you can find yourself looking at a nice used piece.

·
Registered
805 Posts
quartz watches under $100 are a dime a dozen--there are a plethora of good reliable watches. automatics under $100 become more difficult to find especially ones that have a good reputation (there are tons of chinese watches some good, some not so good). for the money, seiko watches offer a great deal from a company that has a solid reputation. i have a seiko 5 "japanes" (40.5 mm diameter vs 41.5 mm diameter) military watch (crown at the 3 position) which keeps superb time and has superb lume (about 8 hours worth) which cost me $117 total. i purchased the watch from creation watches.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts