WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Jaeger-LeCoultre Master World Geographic as well as a Ulysse Nardin Dual Time 42mm. For travel to 3rd world countries and other more impoverished areas, I was looking for a great travel watch that won't stand out, and isn't quite as expensive. Do you guys have any suggestions? Something that can display at least two times zones and (ideally) incorporates something like the paddle updates for the main face time like the UN would be ideal. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I think he means jump hours by button instead of crown.

First, as long as its not a Rolex, people in 3rd world countries won't know or care. They will assume its fake, just like theirs OR they will just want it and steal it anyways regardless of value.

But, if you wanted something less conspicuous ... And combined with my (pretty extensive) global travel experience which has shown me the value of automatic (got absolutely killed buying a battery in Vienna once) and tritium lume, I would say one of the Ball Worldtimer models. There are a few in your price range depending on the look you want. My Diver Worldtime hasn't hardly left my wrist since buying it.

·
Registered
691 Posts
For my money .... this is a no-brainer. When it comes to solid, affordable, attractive watches, nothing but one of the offerings from Lum Tec comes to mind.

I particularly like the new 300M series which, by the way, has started shipping this week, but you can still get the "pre-order" price.

Here's a link ... check them out and find out what all the frenzy is about!

Lum Tec, LLC

OkeefenokeeJoe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You may want to look at a Seiko Astron GPS Solar. There is a very good review here in the Japanese/Asian Forum by tricky dicky. The SS model runs about $2000.
I have been looking into this. I was trying to locate a titanium model, and grab one of the silicone bands meant for the stainless steel model to make it look less flashy. However, I can't seem to find anyone in NYC who has them in stock. Any ideas?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.