WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out and about today and saw a third new LV and a pre-owned one in yet another AD in as many weeks. At one time here in the UK you would be hard pressed to find one in the window and his secondhand one was a good bit less than new.

Out of curiosity I went in and asked what the story might be, the guy said the new GMT's were selling fast and not much interest in subs at the moment.

So if you want a new LV for Christmas take a trip to York, Blackpool or Middlesboro, AD's in all three towns had them.

B.

·
Premium Member
24,978 Posts
Was out and about today and saw a third new LV and a pre-owned one in yet another AD in as many weeks. At one time here in the UK you would be hard pressed to find one in the window and his secondhand one was a good bit less than new.

Out of curiosity I went in and asked what the story might be, the guy said the new GMT's were selling fast and not much interest in subs at the moment.

So if you want a new LV for Christmas take a trip to York, Blackpool or Middlesboro, AD's in all three towns had them.

B.

The LV is a great watch but I think has cooled off after the initial speculator driven frenzy over this watch died down with the realization it's not a limited production model. :blush:

·
Banned
9,123 Posts
The LV is a great watch but I think has cooled off after the initial speculator driven frenzy over this watch died down with the realization it's not a limited production model. :blush:
I agree with what John said. Rolex saw the anticiaption, and met the demand. Now that demand and supply has evened out, the watches are not they hype they once were. Same thing happened with Chrysler and the PT Cruiser.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I've noticed the ADs in my area are heavy in subs of all types. Wonder if it's the "Holiday season"?:confused1:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Might time to start looking for a good deal on a Sub. I am guessing you could really do well on a lightly used one especially. Hmm

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

·
Registered
416 Posts
Plus people are worried about an economy slump so maybe potential buyers are staying away for now until they gain more confidence

·
Banned
9,123 Posts
Misfitx has a very valid point. Here in America, the value of the dollar is in decline, housing market in a slump, and people are fearing a recession. Typically people hold on to their money during these times, and are less apt to spend it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That is exactly my position. I'm sitting idle right now. It's killing me as I have an overwhelming need for another piece like the new GMT, but building up the bank is winning right now. I have to say I'm glad I got into metals 10 years ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts