WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

subaqua noma III bezel problems...

4K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  Kuya 
#1 ·
I just bought a used subaqua noma III one with a valjoux 7750... my problem is one of the three raised arrow markers on the bezel was loose, it looks like there is screws holding them inplace on the bezel so naturally I tryed to tighten it.. didnt budge then I go to loosen it and the screw head brakes off!.... for now I put a drop of super glue on it and put it back in place. My questions is what should I do it looks alittle sloppy but I don't want to send the watch in for 3 months.... also would invicta send me a new bezel so I could have it put on at a local watch shop.

Thank you!

#2 ·
Getting a bezel for the SAN will be an invicta item only. I also don't think they will send you the part ( most other companies don't do that either unless it's a screw ) but it wouldn't hurt to call then to find out and get a cost estimate while your at it.

#5 ·
Turn around time will be anywhere from 4-8 weeks. A lot of people complain that is too long but when compared to other companies (like Rolex Service Centers for Ex) it's just slightly above average times and close to par. I just hope it comes back repaired as needed.

#6 ·
The rider tabs on mine look like there is a milled slot they are not one piece and I would think that they are screwed in from the bottom. The screw you broke might not be functional or it could be for adjusting the tension on the bezel. If its like a Rolex the bezel just pops off but someone with more knowledge about them should be able to give you more details. There is a video on YouTube showing how to remove the Rolex bezel just for a comparison I don't know if I would try this unless you know for sure they are the same. I learned the hard way also with micro screws on a handmade knife and since then if its tight I leave it alone I checked all the screws on mine when I first got it and everything was nice a tight and I am sure there is some sort of loctite used and sometimes you need heat to remove these screws with damaging them.

#8 ·
I guess it would depend on how much you paid for the watch and how much they want to fix it. If the bezel works alright and it looks good then why fix it yet. Maybe wait till you need a battery and new gaskets and have it fixed then it might save you a few bucks that way. I would call them and see what is involved in fixing it maybe its fairly simple you might get lucky.

#11 ·
40 bucks for a new bezel but a 90 day wait hmm should I just suck it up and move on... yes even tho it looks fine I'm not comfortable with having a screw head superglued on my watch but I'm not going through 90 days of hell waiting for a minor repair. Ill wait till I see it sitting in the case for a few weeks and I'm off my hunnymoon with the watch. It would suck to have it sent out at this point... id end up buying a nother one way too soon..

#14 ·
If it's really bothering you, I would send it in. If your like me, it wont get any better. Every time you look at the watch, your going to be reminded of it and it nags at you. So you're just making the time to get it fixed even longer.

But, if it's not something bothers you too bad, wear it for a while, maybe even pick up another watch to wear while it's gone, and then send it off.

#15 ·
I just ordered a steel bracelet for my Subaqua and she told me it would take 90 days also but they just tell you that because the part is coming from overseas and they don't know for sure how long it will take so just because they say 90 days it might not take that long. You might as well get it over with now because it won't fix itself so go for it.

#16 ·
Well its going in the mail today well see how long it takes. I can't handle having a watch have a micky mouse patch job like this it needs to be done right. So on the other hand I'm wainting about a hour to see if I won a hamilton khaki navy frogman with the same valjoux 7750 engine to stare at while the invictas going back to meet its maker. Ill keep an update just to see how long this repair takes.

#19 ·
Complete Watch

In my opinion, a watch should be in the condition it was manufactured.

This watch has a fine movement, your decision to get a new bezel is a sound idea.

I am curious as to what Invicta will charge you!
How do they determind the "market" value in their parts replacement equation is a good question.

Keep us posted.

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.