WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have the following Subaqua Noma II Limited Edition that I'm trying to find the specifications. Please see the following picture:

IMAG0212 by wybaugh, on Flickr

I did not take a picture of the back but it has the gold plated movement.

Thank you in advance for any information you can give me on the watch.

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!! Can you provide the model number from the caseback? It should be a four digit number. Your watch is a 3 hand automatic and probably uses the ETA 2824 movement. It looks great. You have a really nice watch there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum!!! Can you provide the model number from the caseback? It should be a four digit number. Your watch is a 3 hand automatic and probably uses the ETA 2824 movement. It looks great. You have a really nice watch there.
Hi and thank you for the welcome!

I think I've found the model. It's a 3040. I'm now attempting to research whether it has the SW200 or ETA 2824 movement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for taking so long to reply.

It's a 26 jewel SW200. Thank you for all of your help with this!

Bill

·
Registered
302 Posts
The Sub Aqua Noma II 3 hand

If your wanting the model number for your Three hand SAN II it is model 3040 and has the 25 jewel ETA 2824 movement. Nice watch and pickup!

Here are the complete specs from the 2006 catalog:

Movement: Swiss made automatic 25 jewel ETA 2824 movement • Shock resistant • 28,800vph
Case and dial: ø 47 mm • Solid stainless steel • Unidirectional turning bezel
Triple screw down security crown with safty lock • Anti-reflective sapphire crystal on
front and back • Date dispaly • Tritnite® luminous hands and markers
Band: Solid stainless steel with diver buckle and

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sellita SW200 in a SAN II?

A 26 Jewel Sellita in a SAN II 3 hand? Not unless they did a mod on it, and that would be highly unlikely. Never heard of that one before. I looked through all the catalogs from 2005-2011 and none in there either. Odd, very odd.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
I was thinking that it might be a reissue. I believe the current batch of reissues might be the second time (maybe more?) they have revisited the SAN I. There are also approx 5 years of business that isn't covered by the catalogs. I may be wrong though.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
302 Posts
I was thinking that it might be a reissue. I believe the current batch of reissues might be the second time (maybe more?) they have revisited the SAN I. There are also approx 5 years of business that isn't covered by the catalogs. I may be wrong though.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
That pic is an original, deff not one of the new re-issues. Even the new re-visited SAN I and II models are aesthetically a little bit different. They aren't exact copies. Starting with the bracelet. The links from a new SAN II wont work on my 2873 SAN II. Check some of the SAN I and II's in that other forum. You'll see what I mean. I think he somehow made a mistake on the movement. They would have a very hard time capturing the same detail of the original models IMHO. The guy there that have some huge collections of these watches. None of which had a SW200 movement. They are all ETA in various complication/calibere'

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
I found this review on amazon, so I guess its possible?

Magnificent for the money, July 30, 2007
By Michael Horn "mikie"Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Invicta Men's 3040 Subaqua Collection Noma II Automatic Watch (Watch)
This is probably the last production batch of the SAII Limited Edition Invicta released last year. The latest production sports the SW200 26 jewel Swiss movement - replacing a now hard to obtain Swiss ETA 2824-2 (25 jewel) movement found on earlier production. Both movements are quality mechanisms...

·
Registered
302 Posts
I found this review on amazon, so I guess its possible?

Magnificent for the money, July 30, 2007
By Michael Horn "mikie"Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Invicta Men's 3040 Subaqua Collection Noma II Automatic Watch (Watch)
This is probably the last production batch of the SAII Limited Edition Invicta released last year. The latest production sports the SW200 26 jewel Swiss movement - replacing a now hard to obtain Swiss ETA 2824-2 (25 jewel) movement found on earlier production. Both movements are quality mechanisms...
Nice job digging up that info Scott. I would have never dreamed they produced it in that iteration.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts