WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
778 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I don't particularly like that style of watch. I would imagine this watch would be more popular in the sub-continent and far east where bling is more in line with certain dress trends (including some traditional dress). I don't think it will do quite as well in Europe, Australasia or America.

If you like it you should buy it though.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I don't particularly like that style of watch. I would imagine this watch would be more popular in the sub-continent and far east where bling is more in line with certain dress trends (including some traditional dress). I don't think it will do quite as well in Europe, Australasia or America.

If you like it you should buy it though.
welcome,

Yes what he said do what makes you happy

·
Registered
751 Posts
interesting that most of the stuhrling watches at the place named after a jungle in south america go for $100-$250 and then there is a huge jump to over $2K. not sure what to make of that. as to the visual--beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
just an FYI, for $2200 you are getting a Chinese movement. http://mywristwatch.net/watch-technology/what-is-a-tt790-movement/15/

I've seen other Stuhrling Tourbys at the "shop" for $500-$600 with the same movement, though a different style. At that price, I would have expected something more. And, it isn't even Swiss made.

If you are looking for advice, go for a cheaper Stuhrling tourby. I just can't see how you can justify spending that much money on a Sturhling when you could by a Frederique Constant, a Raymond Weil, and I'd suspect some even bigger name Swiss watches for that price.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
And just to be honest, I've been tempted by Android or Sturhling tourbys when they hit the $500 range on the Shop. I just can't see spending more on Chinese sourced watches. Though if you like it and money isn't an issue, then there isn't an issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.