WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are officially out of straps! We had over 200 submissions today, so if we weren't able to accept your submissions, our apologies.

We would like to thank you again for your submission and willingness to help us out. We encourage you follow our Facebook and Twitter accounts (links in our signature below) in order to keep up with the latest news from Crown & Buckle. You will then be among the first to hear when we release the full line of PVD NATOs!

Best wishes in 2012,

Crown & Buckle

Crown & Buckle is working on introducing a new line of NATO straps featuring black PVD coated hardware. At this point, our aim is to test the durability of the PVD coating by getting the straps into the hands of a larger group of watch enthusiasts. We have been testing behind the scenes for a while now, both in house and with trusted friends. The straps are holding up beautifully thus far.

We are looking for 10-15 individuals who are hard on their watches to help us continue the testing. Since the purpose of this testing is to examine the durability of the PVD coating, we would prefer that you only apply if you are rough with your watches and wear them in environments that would be likely to test the durability of the plating. Desk diving does not qualify, unfortunately. We've got nothing against taking care of your watches, but we want these straps to be thoroughly tested.

The straps will be provided free of charge, and you are welcome to keep them after testing. We have a limited number of testing samples in solid black, black/grey double stripe, and black/olive "Bond" colorations for testing. We have them in sizes 18mm, 20mm, 22mm, and 24mm.

The emails will be reviewed over the next few days, and everyone will be contacted by the end of the week to let you know if you've been chosen or not. All of the testers that are selected will be expected to report back to us with your comments on the straps, especially relating to the durability of the PVD plating. If you cannot do so, please do not apply.

We would like to thank everyone for your continued support of Crown & Buckle, and we look forward to a great 2012 with our Watch Talk community.

·
Registered
122 Posts
What a great Idea. If I wasn't a cube rat I would be signing up. If you ever want to test the wearabilty of the Windsor in an office environment, I am your man.

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
What a great Idea. If I wasn't a cube rat I would be signing up. If you ever want to test the wearabilty of the Windsor in an office environment, I am your man.
Me too. I just don't do NATOs - they don't go well on an ultra-thin dress watch worn with a shirt & tie. Cool offer though. :thumbup1: I'm sure the volunteer pool will be full before 24 hours is up.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Sign me up! work travel will take me to a few exotic locations in the next three months - I'll be able to provide some serious "operational testing" while working in various and different weather environments! :001_tt2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Strap testing...

Is this my first post here? It just might be!

I'll be logging a tonne of beach time over the next two months - I could get that strap good and sandy/wet/salty!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the interest so far. If you'd like to be considered as a tester, please email us with the instructions given in the original post.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
RE: raises hand.

I'd be willing to try any dark colored combination of 22mm. Would switch between a Seiko Alpinist, 6309 (~1980) and a Seiko SKX-173 lightly modded.

I'm offering to provide pictures and a review of how they do working in 12 hour shifts on the deck of a 320 ft research vessel in the southern ocean from January 31 to March 23.

The active review would include comparison to Martec Nato's and Zulu's (I have both and have used both on the same working conditions for years.)

I also run 5-15 miles a day (usually with a Nato). So will add that in as well. (Zulu's get grimy/funky fast.. So mine get cleaned and cycled through every few days.)

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'll check with my 9 year old.... she has her timex on an 18 mm black with orange stripe tango right now (a christmas present) but may want to try one of the others. If you want hard on a watch she is your go to :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'll check with my 9 year old.... she has her timex on an 18 mm black with orange stripe tango right now (a christmas present) but may want to try one of the others. If you want hard on a watch she is your go to :)
Now that is hilarious!! Didn't think about that as an option! Ha!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Almost out of straps already, 24mm is gone completely...

We've had almost 100 emails already, so unfortunately a lot of people will have to be turned away. We do appreciate the great response!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, I would love to test them! I have some Deep Blue watches the would go awesome with! Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Crown & Buckle strap testers

I too would be thrilled to participate and have watches with straps ranging 20mm to 26mm.

Also, based in NYC and am a professional photographer... Happy to snap a few pix as such.

Cheers!

Wes

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.