WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay .... I'll admit it .... I do not have an artist eyeball. Whether it's interior decoration at my home, or at my office, I have never been able to discern what looks good (or not) when it comes to color and texture. I think, maybe, it all stems from my severe colorblindness; however, once I see a complete finished package, I can readily say, "I like that!" or, "No, that looks crappy!" Therefore, I've always relied on other people for such details. Yesterday, in the "Sales" section of this forum, I noticed a thread started by StrapCode, where he features some really impressive alligator straps that look nice and beefy. Since I have been looking for a replacement strap to compliment my Super Combat B2, I would like your opinion if you think any of the straps featured by StrapCode would look good on my SCB2. Perhaps they are intended for a more dressier watch. I don't know. I think the matte finish, though, lends it to more of a daily wearer. Tell me what you think ... which of those pictured would you order to go with the PVD titanium look of the SCB2, or would you say NONE OF THE ABOVE! I'm leaning toward the first in the pictured series offered by StrapCode ... matte black with the cream-colored threads.

Here's the link:

http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/sales-forum/61154.htm

Feel free to give me your opinion, and to make your own recommendation, beyond what is featured on the above link.

Thanks.

OkeefenokeeJoe

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
They have a lot of great straps that would look good on the watch, as does Kain Heritage. And don't forget Crown & Buckle, they have some really nice straps at outstanding prices. LOTS of the sponsors here have GREAT straps. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually purchased a strap from Crown & Buckle several months ago and, apparently, no one appreciated my choice of straps. I kept hearing ... "WHAT?!!" ... that's why this time I'm getting some input before I lay down my cash.

OkeefenokeeJoe

·
Registered
336 Posts
It's a matte of taste. You must buy, what you think that is nice or good.
In the end; it's your'e money.

In the upcoming Summer i intent to buy a Strap from; Kain Heritage.
Maybe you like them.

Kain Heritage

·
Registered
750 Posts
Strap and watch pairings all come down to personal preference, so take what I'm about to say for what it's worth. :T

I personally cannot imagine a gator/croc strap looking good on a non-dressy watch and I don't consider the (Super) Combat series dressy whatsoever. In the LT lineup, I would reserve the gator/croc straps for the M, V, and maybe some of the Bull series watches.

I have a Super Combat B1 and my favorite strap for it, by far, is just the plain black NATO that came with the it. I feel nylon straps, whether it be a NATO, Zulu, bund-style, etc., just look at home on a more tool/rugged watch such as those in the (Super) Combat series.

I also have a custom black with black stitching Alcantara strap that I occasionally mount on my SCB1. I can take some photos of that combo later today and post them.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Strap and watch pairings all come down to personal preference, so take what I'm about to say for what it's worth. :T

I personally cannot imagine a gator/croc strap looking good on a non-dressy watch and I don't consider the (Super) Combat series dressy whatsoever. In the LT lineup, I would reserve the gator/croc straps for the M, V, and maybe some of the Bull series watches.

I have a Super Combat B1 and my favorite strap for it, by far, is just the plain black NATO that came with the it. I feel nylon straps, whether it be a NATO, Zulu, bund-style, etc., just look at home on a more tool/rugged watch such as those in the (Super) Combat series.

I also have a custom black with black stitching Alcantara strap that I occasionally mount on my SCB1. I can take some photos of that combo later today and post them.
Thanks! Good information.

I wore my SCB2 on the NATO strap for awhile, but later went back to the stock leather strap. I guess I was looking for something tasteful, yet different, and when I saw the Louisiana Alligator straps from StrapCode, with the rugged, matte finish, I thought .... just maybe this is what I'm looking for. Perhaps, as you suggested, the alligator might work better on my M23.

It SUCKS to be artistically challenged! I mean .... I have problems matching socks every morning, so you can see what problems I encounter with a simple watch strap selection.

OkeefenokeeJoe

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Consider a nice stressed dark vintage ammo strap. I had a really nice one with my B2 that looked great with black stitching. Seemed to go well with the combat theme and in the looks department.

I agree with the other poster. I don't think alligator goes with this watch head. Just my opinion

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I have SCB2coming, too, so I'm very interested in strap ideas. As I have quite a few 24mm straps, I'm looking forward to trying some of them

·
Registered
463 Posts
I don't think that an alligator strap would look right on a super combat, but as has been said, it's all about preference.

Crown & Buckle has a black strap with red stitching at the ends (Madison i think) that would look great on a super combat. i've ordered multiple straps from them and i'm always impressed with the value for my money.

Also, what about a colored Nato or Zulu strap? I have a "bond" color zulu that i wear on my M20, it's different and comfortable.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think that an alligator strap would look right on a super combat, but as has been said, it's all about preference.

Crown & Buckle has a black strap with red stitching at the ends (Madison i think) that would look great on a super combat. i've ordered multiple straps from them and i'm always impressed with the value for my money.

Also, what about a colored Nato or Zulu strap? I have a "bond" color zulu that i wear on my M20, it's different and comfortable.
I'll have to take a gander at the C&B black strap with red stitching you are referring to. That one has me intrigued. Not sure about the "Bond" Nato/Zulu. The one's I have seen seemed kind of flimsy and thin compared to the nice thick ones provided by Lum Tec.

Thanks for your suggestion!

OkeefenokeeJoe

·
Registered
99 Posts
There is also a gray/green leather strap from crown and buckle that looks fantastic on the combat models. The canton.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry for the several-day delay in responding .... I've been up in the NC mountains, near Sylva, for the past several days. No cell phone. No computer. Not even a television. Just me and a river full of trout. Sometimes it's just plain good to get disconnected for a few days!

I still haven't decided on a strap choice. I'm going to take a close look at the offerings from C&B once again. The black strap with red stitching at the end, and the gray green strap as well.

I'll have to secure help from my daughter to identify the colors, since I am major-big-time color blind.

I will post a snapshot whenever I replace the strap.

OkeefenokeeJoe

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't think you could go wrong with anything from [non-sponsor name removed]. I have a matte black w/ deploy buckle on order from him for the B1 or B2 I'm going to buy. I'm strongly considering ordering an Elephant in 24mm for the Super Combat as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts