WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

My M24 is my daily duty watch and right now it is on the tungsten bracalet. I've come to realize how heavy this thing is in this configuration and I'd like to find some sort of awesome strap for it other than the rubber or leather straps that came with it. Do any of you M24 owners have after market straps?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a dozen or so after market straps that I swap amongst my 24 mm lug watches, the M24 included. Not hard to find strap makers for that size strap. There are some forum sponsors that you can look at, or google something logical (Try Panerai Strap) and you'll get a ton of hits.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a few that I interchange with my M24 as well. The design of the watch make it a blank slate for finding straps. Right now I have it on an isofrane. I know it's not a dive watch, but I like the look and feel of the strap on the m24. I think it compliments it well. I also have baseball leather strap that I put on it, to switch it up. Honestly, anything you put on it will look good. I've actually recently had an urge to find a nice ammo strap to add to the collection.

It's an older picture, but here it is on the baseball strap...

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Just ordered this from crown and buckle. I think it'll match the tungsten superbly ~ looks like a $100+ strap, only $36. :001_tongue:

I've one of these and it's without a doubt one of the most comfortable straps I've tried and the variation in the leather when bent around your wrist looks beautiful. It's made me a C&B convert for sure.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Im looking at a Crown & Buckle strap for my M52 but after reading some stuff on here, I was aware I have to look out for the thickness of the leather around the loop due to the short lugs on the tungsten watches… Crown & Buckle confirmed that the strap I was interested in uses leather around 1.5mm to 2.0mm thick around the loop… Is this gonna work on a tungsten?? I certainly hope so cos the strap looks ace and im sure the style will work great with the M52… Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
On this watch with this type of dial I think there's only one option that springs to mind.

I agree. With the carbon fiber dial you're 'limited' IMO to a rubber strap, black leather, bracelet or carbon fiber strap. Not to say others won't work, I personally just don't like them.

PS- those C&B straps are superb. I've got one on my bronze diver and love it! Absolutely work $36. But I'd never pay more than $40 for them, not worth it that much (had to throw that in just in case C&B's reading this post, can't have him going and raising the price on these to what they're actually worth! LOL!) :001_tt2:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
^You will probably need to fit the thinnest of spring pins, that's if it works at all. Ladd should be able to answer you here as a fellow Tungsten owner and strap maker.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just make sure you NEVER use tubes in your aftermarket straps. I'd highly advise checking any aftermarket straps you get to make sure they are 'tubeless'. I ordered a strap a while back, specifically requested NO tubes. They arrived with tubes in them.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just make sure you NEVER use tubes in your aftermarket straps. I'd highly advise checking any aftermarket straps you get to make sure they are 'tubeless'. I ordered a strap a while back, specifically requested NO tubes. They arrived with tubes in them.
Is it because once you install them with tubes, they seal off the spring bar and you can't remove the strap unless you cut it?

I've had a few straps that came with tubes and found it scary how they fit perfectly flush against the inner sides of the lugs with no gap whatsoever.

·
Registered
330 Posts
OK; this probably sounds pretty noobish--but if (as I've read sooo often) tubes make changing straps a nightmare/almost impossible, why do the strap makers use them to begin with? Is it due to different sizes of springbars? And if so, couldn't one just get thicker springbars to replace the tubes?

·
Registered
739 Posts
OK; this probably sounds pretty noobish--but if (as I've read sooo often) tubes make changing straps a nightmare/almost impossible, why do the strap makers use them to begin with? Is it due to different sizes of springbars? And if so, couldn't one just get thicker springbars to replace the tubes?
Tubes only serve a purpose when used in a strap installed on a watch that uses screwbars, not springbars. For those that don't know, screwbars are used to secure straps by being inserted from the outside of one lug, through the hole in the strap, then either screwed into the other lug or capped off with a female screw head.

Tubes ensure that when the watch is being worn, the screwbars can not be accidentally backed out over time by the friction caused by the strap material rotating against the screwbar.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Another thing to consider when buying a strap for a M24, is, with it being so heavy, you need a fairly thick/rigid strap. I've tried several straps on my M24. The thicker/more rigid ones work much better. With more flexible straps, you have to wear them a fair bit tighter to keep the heavy head from flopping around.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.