WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this watch up over the weekend from a local seller and I can't be more pleased with it! I was unlucky and missed the boat earlier this year when these originally went on sale and I've been hunting for one ever since.

This is a special edition (1 of 70 produced) from Stowa with "Made in Germany" printed on the dial, the ETA 2801 movement, and black-framed hands. What really attracted me to this particular Stowa flieger was the manual wind movement, something not normally offered in regular production Stowa fliegers. I was slightly hesitant about the black-framed hands when this series was first announced because I was afraid they would appear too monochromatic against the black dial. This watch hasn't left my wrist since I picked it up on Sunday and I'm happy to say the black-on-black hands and dial have not been an issue at all!

I already have a couple other watches slated for purchase when they're released 2012, but if Stowa were to begin offering a Baumuster B-dial flieger with a manual wind movement in 2012, I don't know if I'll be able to resist..

On to the photos!

Unboxing:

Some shots of the dial and solid caseback:

I hadn't really noticed or cared about the lack of an AR coating on either side of the sapphire until I tried taking photos of it! My photograph post-processing skills aren't quite there yet, so I wasn't able to fix the reflection (x 5) in the crystal and each one of the four rivets on the strap.

I really like the very nice satin case finishing on the Stowa, the slim profile of the case, and the curve in the lugs. It looks terrific and makes for comfortable wearing!

I love the quality of the Stowa strap, very soft and comfortable. I like it so much, in fact, I'm already planning on placing an order for a black old-style strap from Stowa later today! My wrist is ~7.25", so because I'm on the second to last hole, I've removed the floating keeper because it wasn't really necessary.

...and finally, a wrist shot!

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
That's a beauty. Nothing wrong with your photography skills either.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Great shots of a fantastic watch Andrew!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Andrew, your new Stowa is a beauty! It has such a classic look! Your photos are fine and we appreciate seeing them. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Andrew, your new Stowa is a beauty! It has such a classic look! Your photos are fine and we appreciate seeing them. Cheers, Bill P.
Thanks Bill! It was a little graduation/birthday/Christmas present to myself. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Very nice, Happy Birthday, Congratulations, and Merry Christmas! :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts