WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
While that is Steve McQueen, he isn't wearing his Rolex 1655 "Steve McQueen" Orange 24Hr handed Explorer II. I believe those were produced in in the mid 1970s and judging by his hair, that places this picture in the right time frame.

As cool as it would be to see him in his namesake watch, I suppose its good to know Steve liked the Sub too.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The Towering Inferno

While that is Steve McQueen, he isn't wearing his Rolex 1655 "Steve McQueen" Orange 24Hr handed Explorer II. I believe those were produced in in the mid 1970s and judging by his hair, that places this picture in the right time frame.

As cool as it would be to see him in his namesake watch, I suppose its good to know Steve liked the Sub too.
It also seems to me that he was also wearing a Sub in-character during The Towering Inferno, released in 1974.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
there is no known picture of steve mcqueen wearing an explorer II that i'm a where of. he's always worn subs. i don't know exactly how steve mcqueen got associated with the explorer II but it has stuck.

i have named my 16750 eleanor but that's for personal reasons : )

cl

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
According to the website below, it is a Jaeger-Lecoultre Reverso; but, the logo is not shown due to a deal Brosnan has with Omega. See here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0155267/trivia
Timefinder - I think the question about the movie was in reference to the original. I never saw it, but I do know the Brosnan version was a remake...I assume Steve McQueen was in the original. :001_smile:

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Does anybody know what he wore in The Thomas Crown Affair?
Yea, Bronsan wore a JLC Reverso sans the JLC logo & name. But it's clearly a Reverso in the close up they showed in the beginning of the film.

I don't know what McQueen wore in the original Thomas Crown Affair though... :confused1:

·
Banned
9,135 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Sorry guys i did mean the original co-starring Faye Dunaway.
The Brosnan remake is ok though, especially since the soundtrack contains Nina Simone.
I really hope nobody in Hollywood decides a remake of Bullitt would be a good idea!
Nobody could touch Steve McQueen for that role and imho there's nobody could go anywhere near it today! Sorry to talk movies not watches, i guess i can link it all together by referencing the Ford Mustang as a cult classic, as is the Sub we see the sadly missed Mr McQueen wearing in these wonderful pictures.
:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts