WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, well, well.

Seems that a local online-shop is now selling Steinhart (that's Debaufre for you nowadays) watches, which is good news for me :)

I've adored the Aircraft 8 since I first saw it, but been a little put off by the price. But now it seems that they're getting rid of old inventory for a good price, so I'm actually considering buying it :wink:. It's a white faced special edition with a dark brown leather strap.

Comments, opinions? I know it's big, just the way I'd want a watch like this to be.

Pics would be awful nice, I found one posted (and taken)by AutoMovt which is BEAUTIFUL!

·
Banned
2,208 Posts
Great looking big watch. It is a very well made watch with a 26mm soft brown leather strap. It is one of my favorite jeans and t-shirt watch. Post photos if you get one.:thumbup1:

This is an older version because the new version is has a screw down caseback.

Sorry, no wrist shot.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ordered it :001_tongue:!

I really want to throw it on a tan strap, so I'm thinking about ordering a Di-Modell Jumbo aviator style strap and a flip clasp to go with it. I'm not sure if a regular flip clasp will fit on the strap because of its thickness (its 6 mm thick). Does anyone know if it fits? Is there usually any "room for play" on a flip clasp? Below pics:

Edit: I did some research and found out that the strap tapers to 3 mm thick at the clasp-end, so everything should work out just fine.

Edit 2: Mine should also be the old model with a similar caseback to the one in the pictures in this thread. Some kind of special edition model though, because it has a signed caseback.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I have bad and good news.

It seems that the Aircraft 8:s were sold out before they got to my order :sad:. So that won't be sitting on my wrist.

But the good news is that Steinhart will get the CSAR airforce 08 too!

Pic: Debaufre.com

Man, that watch clicked immediately! It's on preorder right now, and I am absolutely certain this watch will be on my wrist this spring.

:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Well, I have bad and good news.

It seems that the Aircraft 8:s were sold out before they got to my order :sad:. So that won't be sitting on my wrist.

But the good news is that Steinhart will get the CSAR airforce 08 too!

Man, that watch clicked immediately! It's on preorder right now, and I am absolutely certain this watch will be on my wrist this spring.

:thumbup:
Hmmm.. that new watch (CSAR airforce 08) looks a lot better than the aircraft 8, it has a slightly 'softer' case - not as squared off as the first watch. Not sure about the hex-bolts though, think screws would look a bit better. I reckon the more I look at it, the more it'll grow on me :)
Congrats, and hope to see some more pics when it arrives.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Muttley, yes I too think that the CSAR is heaps better looking than the Aircraft 8. I never got to try the Aircraft on, but how it would have looked on the wrist would have been the final factor decisionwise. I know that I like the CSAR even though I haven't tried it on, so it's a no-brainer for me. And the size is a much more moderate 44*44 mm in comparison to the Aircrafts 46*46.

I'm now on the waiting list, and I do promise pics when it arrives. Won't be until march/april though, so you'll just have to endure with me....

Exactly on the second I typed the paragraph before this I got a mail from my boss in which I got granted a nice bonus for 2007 so I guess it's double party time for me :thumbup::001_tt1:!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts