2,198 Posts
A fine choice indeed Zin.

And one that will be as popular in 3008, I reckon.:biggrin:

I saw the new year in with a bit of style:

You take care now buddy.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nice watches gentlemen. I saw my new year in with my only Omega at the current moment

Zin, that is the speedmaster I want. What model speedy is that one? Boy, you are making me want one really badly right now.

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's the 3573.50 Mike - the sapphire front and back.

Here's the back which you may have seen in these pages or in the ole' house-

Part of it is also my avatar of course :001_smile:

I specially like the blue hue of the AR coating of your PO. Nice picture. That bracelet is soooooooo comfortable. Have you given any thought to making more pictures with the hands at 10:10 pal?

Cheerio for now

ZIN

·
Registered
276 Posts
It's the 3573.50 Mike - the sapphire front and back.

Here's the back which you may have seen in these pages or in the ole' house-

Part of it is also my avatar of course :001_smile:

I specially like the blue hue of the AR coating of your PO. Nice picture. That bracelet is soooooooo comfortable. Have you given any thought to making more pictures with the hands at 10:10 pal?

Cheerio for now

ZIN

I am getting one asap. As for shooting with the 10:10 I didn't think about it but would be a great idea since it seems like the nicest time to take pictures (the hands I mean not the time of day). Thank you for the advice and also, thank you for helping me decide which speedy I want. That one is essentially identically to the one on the moon with the exception that it has the sapphire crystal in the back showing the movement?

I was just on Omega's website and I noticed that your model has a sapphire crystal with AR coating on it on both sides, however, the 3570.50 has a hesalite crystal....what is that and how does it compare to the sapphire?

Oh one more thing, I noticed that they are different calibres? 1863 and 1861, what is the difference?

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well there are some differences Mike.

It uses the cal1863 which has an extra jewel, a metal brake ( that's the part that looks like a leg of chicken :biggrin: ) and the Geneva Wave decor.

The 3572.50 which is now discontinued has a hesalite front ( acrylic material specified by NASA as it would not shatter ) and a sapphire back. These may still be found on sales corners and that place by the sea. Expect to pay around $2,000 to $2,200/300 for one of these.

The 3572.50 had used the c1863 in both YG and Rhodium plating. The caseback inscription also reads "First Watch On The Moon" as opposed to " First and Only..... ". There are also examples with YG plated movement that say " Apollo XI.......... "

All versions are very nice. I like the sapphire front as it offers a certain clarity as you would expect from sapphire that rather draws one's eye to the dial. I imagine one would be happy with either or indeed both.

That help my friend?

Be well now

ZIN

·
Registered
276 Posts
Zin,

You are amazing. Thank you for clarifying that. I am in between thw two models I mentioned and the 50th anniversay. They are all beautiful, but hard to pick one that you would be happy with. I will have to think about this one. Once again thank you Zin.

-Michael

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The mind boggles and if only my wallet would stretch that far.

Any Speedy Pro now commands good sums on the secondary market. The 50th Anniversary has become more sought-after too and you may wish to factor its' rarity in any purchase decision. I assume you are referring to the patch model with the golden Seahorse on the dial that Mike and Sam have. I'm sure there are a couple of other members who have that one too.

The Co-Axial LE with the cal 3201 ( rotorless Co-Axial !!! ) is my new Grail Speedy. The black dial is enamel and if you'll have a look at the WOTD in the archive section, you'll find that its' a work of art. Not inexpensive and one of these will buy you three brand new 3573.50s and leave you with change.

Have a good day pal

ZIN

·
Banned
2,453 Posts
Hey Zin,I've had my eye on the 3573.50 for quite some time,it will probably be my 2nd grail watch.My first was the 2255.80 last September and it's my favorite.It hasn't left my wrist since last night.

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Indeed Larry

and no one's shopped you yet either.

We ought to put in place some form of statute of limitations such that beyond a certain time, you cannot be shopped ;) :D:D

Have a great '08 pal

ZIN

·
Banned
2,453 Posts
Indeed Larry

and no one's shopped you yet either.

We ought to put in place some form of statute of limitations such that beyond a certain time, you cannot be shopped ;) :D:D

Have a great '08 pal

ZIN
That's a great idea Zin,cause the ice I'm skating on now is getting pretty thin:lol::lol:
you have a great '08 as well my friend:wink:

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Jonathan

That is a great picture pal :thumbup:

Have a great year my friend :thumbup1:

Be well now

ZIN

1 - 20 of 25 Posts