WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just received this Invicta 3262 at a good price and thought it would make a good beater for work. Below the picture I will describe my two dealings with forum sponsors and my one (and now only) dealing with Shop***:cursing::cursing:

A couple months ago I was in the market for a new watch and decided to give one of our sponsors a shot. After all, they do support this forum we so dearly love.:001_wub: On a weekend night I PM'd Larry at Tritons and asked if he had a specific model Invicta. I did not really expect a reply until Monday. I got one that night!:thumbup1: Larry told me he showed one in inventory but he would have to double check Monday morning. He also quoted a price that was VERY competitive with Shop and Amazon. Early Monday he PM'd me back and said he had the watch. I payed and I am sure he shipped that day because by Wednesday or Thursday, can't remember now which day) I had the watch. New in the box and untouched.:thumbup1:
Great service and delivery Larry!:thumbup::thumbup:

Two weeks ago I was looking at another item being offered by Thomas Carey of Fine-Time. Again, I PM'd him and again in the same day I got a reply.:thumbup1: I made the order and 3 days later I had the item. Of course most of you know how hard Thomas has worked at putting together a very nice watch for those of us in the WTF that wanted something relating to this great forum! Great service and delivery Thomas!:thumbup::thumbup:

Now to my experience with Shop***.
In the wee hours of the morning on 12/26 I saw the above watch as a "close out" item at a very good price so I decided, I'll give them a try.:blushing:
The next day it was in the "processing" stage. OK, no big deal. After all it was the holidays.:001_rolleyes: About a week later I sent an email through their site and a few days later a second email as it was still, "in processing".
I never got a response!:cursing: So then, I called them and was told, the item is on, "back order"!:cursing: How can this be? Does not clearance mean you HAVE stuff that you are trying to CLEAR OUT?:confused1::confused1:
I guess, not at Shop***!:cursing::cursing::cursing: On January 15 I did receive the watch. After 20 days, two ignored emails and then being told my "clearance item" was on back order! Terrible service and delivery Shop***!:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing: I have read several post where members have received watches from them and the packaging, tags, etc., had clear evidence that it was a return item. To be fair, in this case my watch had all appearances of being brand new and not a return.

For me, it is a no brainer and shop is off my list. Well actually I put it on a different list!:001_tt2::001_tt2:

My advice, give the sponsors a shot first. If they don't have what you are looking for that is one thing unless they can get it. In which case they can most likely beat the 20 days it took for me to get my watch.

For me, even if that is the only place I can find an item (shop) after this deal, I will just go without before letting them have any of my cash!:001_tt2:

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Another clear case of the WTF's sponsors fantastic service!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
788 Posts
I've now ordered 4 from shop***, I've come to learn a thing or two.

1. Never pay for faster shipping their free shipping is just as fast
2. I hate the "in process" stage but my recent order was only in that for less than 24 hrs.
3. Yes some are returns as was my 500m diver, obvious return but no damage whatsoever.

I've also learned that with the internet, many times the CS for these places have no more info than what I already have access to.

Nice beater, not my style but I'd be wary of the jubilee bracelet stretching over time, is it solid or folded links?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've now ordered 4 from shop***, I've come to learn a thing or two.

1. Never pay for faster shipping their free shipping is just as fast
2. I hate the "in process" stage but my recent order was only in that for less than 24 hrs.
3. Yes some are returns as was my 500m diver, obvious return but no damage whatsoever.

I've also learned that with the internet, many times the CS for these places have no more info than what I already have access to.

Nice beater, not my style but I'd be wary of the jubilee bracelet stretching over time, is it solid or folded links?
Oh, I didn't pay for faster shipping. If I had I would have really been p*ssed!:cursing: But, a true clearance item should be on hand and it should not take 20 days! Why even go through that. When I use a sponsor there is no "processing" stage and both times I had the item in just a couple days.

Folded links. I don't have a problem with that. For the price I payed I can put a Timex twist band on the thing if I have a problem. Like I said, it is a beater.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, my 4469 was "super express" and it took longer than my free shippers. Put it on rubber! Did you see Rusty's??

No I haven't. I will go looking for it. BTW, I just found out, you have not lived as a WIS until you size your first jubilee bracelet!:lol::lol:

·
Banned
2,511 Posts
Hey Charlie,thanks so much for those kind words:blush:,I'm glad you are happy with Triton's service.It is my pleasure to help out my fellow WIS.:wink:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Charlie,thanks so much for those kind words:blush:,I'm glad you are happy with Triton's service.It is my pleasure to help out my fellow WIS.:wink:
It was my pleasure. You earned them with your customer friendly and speedy service. :thumbup1:

Oh yeah, thanks for supporting all of us with your sponsorship!:thumbup:

·
Registered
578 Posts
I must confess i purchase from that TV show every now and then, but i have decided to stop my last two watch purchases took forever to arrive and there customer service has started to go down hill.

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
Rumor has it that things aren't all lollipops and roses in Valuevision land.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts