WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Did you guys see the Bond Tribute at the Oscars?? Man, I love all Bond stuff. My brother and I went to the first Bond movie that hit our town. I was 7 and can still remember it. No parents, of course. Just us 'men.' I LOVED!!!! Shirley Bassey singing Goldfinger! Wow! That gave me a chill. She's still got it. The best Bond title song ever.

I have to say I am liking the Adele Bond song, Skyfall. It does not have the volume or power, but there is something very cool about it. A fitting Bond song, I think. Has cool atmosphere. Oh, and I loved the orchestra playing down at the old Capitol Records building where the Beatles recorded. Sounded fantastic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Wg6k9cWhM

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Missed the tribute, but do like Skyfall. If you want to see a harder twist on a classic Bond song, check out Chris Cornell's version of "You Know My Name":

Didn't we have this discussion about Bond music once before? :confused1:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
yes really enjoyed it, saw my first Bond at around 10 years old, my parents took me and I can remember thinking ..... oh no another lousy love movie my mom wants to see......man was i wrong...It was "From Russia with Love" .... I remember getting home and finding my dads old attache case and making my own 007 case complete with the hidden knife....lol

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
At one stage it seemed like everyone had one of those Seiko 'horseshoe' digitals. I thought they were very cool, as they seemed to be one of the first digitals fully loaded with all sorts of features, including 100m WR :thumbup1:

·
Super Moderator
16,574 Posts
... Shirley Bassey singing Goldfinger! Wow! That gave me a chill. She's still got it. The best Bond title song ever.
IMO she sleepwalked through that song. Her voice still "has it", but her heart lost it. Too many dramatic pauses and next to no emotion whatever. A mere shadow of her 1964 version.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.