WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Sparta with lithium battery that I bought in 2010 to keep my Rolex Perpetual on time. When I started wearing the Rolex on a daily basis, I could see that over night it kept losing time. As a result I have had to reset it every morning, now running the risk of wearing out the winder mechanism. I have sent Orbita 2 emails within the last 10 days asking if there was any way I could speed up the Sparta. How can I tell if it's set for 10 vs 15 TPD? The watch winder came with very little information. Since I've heard nothing from Orbita, perhaps someone here on the forum has some ideas.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you remove the mounting cup (the plastic part that the pillow sits in,) there is a small switch that controls the 10 and 15 minute setting. It will be on 10 minutes by default.

This is the busy time for Orbita, but if you give them a call they have some standard troubleshooting steps they can take.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought an Orbita Sparta back in November 2010 because of a thread I saw on this forum for the Sparta at $99. Mine doesn't look like the Sparta's on their website and I don't see a switch for changing the rotation between 10 and 15.

My watch, a Breitling Super Avenger, won't stay wound for more than about 2 or 3 days on the winder. I've emailed Orbita but am still awaiting a response.

Any ideas? Perhaps the Super Avenger is too big and heavy for the Sparta?

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
I bought an Orbita Sparta back in November 2010 because of a thread I saw on this forum for the Sparta at $99. Mine doesn't look like the Sparta's on their website and I don't see a switch for changing the rotation between 10 and 15.

My watch, a Breitling Super Avenger, won't stay wound for more than about 2 or 3 days on the winder. I've emailed Orbita but am still awaiting a response.

Any ideas? Perhaps the Super Avenger is too big and heavy for the Sparta?
Have you checked their database on the Orbita website to see if this winder will produce the requisite TPD required by your watch?

·
Registered
169 Posts
This does not suprise me. I am *heavily* disappointed in Orbita. They have a great reputation online on other boards, so I was surprised when I received my winder out of the box that did not function. Sent it back. Returned. I finally got a working one, with no explanation whatsoever of what the issue was. Mechanical? Battery? Damaged in shipping? Incorrect wiring? Nothing. And trying to get a hold of them? Pathetic. Took me multiple calls and emails. A consumer should not be hearing, "We are busy." or "We'll get to you when we can." or complete silence. IMHO, they did not realize that customer is in customer service. Now, with that said, it has been working since then; but, it has gotten quite loud (it was silent when it finally arrived), so that may be due to the battery finally wearing out, or perhaps oil needs to be applied somewhere. Nonetheless, my confidence is highly shaken. I am looking to purchase a new winder, as I have expanded my timepiece collection, and I just do not want to go through the entire process again. Will I do so? Not sure. I would be curious to hear other's experience with the company. Perhaps things have changed recently, though, your story does shed doubt on that.

Best bet is to attempt to contact them directly. You can do so here:

Contact | Orbita Watchwinders

Good luck, and let us know how it works out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts