WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here, and to introduce myself, I am a collector and an occasional tinkerer. I have two spaceviews in my collection, one of them recently aquired. This is a huge watch, it is the square shaped one with hidden lugs.

My question is the inside of the case has a case number 2527 6/6 inked on it. I cannot find any info on this case number online, does someone know about it?

Here are some pictures, I absolutely love this watch !

Thanks
RV

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More pictures

Here are more pictures of the watch,

Caseback

Movement

The movement picture is not focused right, I will try to get a picture when i get home tonight.

·
Registered
327 Posts
First, the hack spring is correct for that model
Secondly, that is the wrong case back for that watch. It has been replaced

·
Registered
327 Posts
Look at the movement right below where the battery goes, is that a date stamp?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Lovely watch, I was the originator of the thread entitled 'to buy or run'

I have spent over 20 hours researching this case and I am none the wiser for it. It seems that a few of these watches are being sold in Italy.
One reputable eBay seller is currently selling one, and as knowledgeable as he is, he has not responded to my question regarding the rare case. :blink:

Even searching google images, that doesn't show any of these models nor do vintage advertisements ?

It's certainly got me baffled. However don't be put of by it, it's a lovely looking watch and if it makes you smile then it was a good choice. You never know you may have an ultra rare watch :biggrin:

Wear it in health and hopefully we can unearth the mystery of the hidden lugs :001_rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
First, the hack spring is correct for that model
Secondly, that is the wrong case back for that watch. It has been replaced
I did find case number 2527 in the catalog of replacement Bulova crystals. Bulova offered only one crystal for that case number. It was a round crystal of 30.1mm diameter with part number 1243E-1.
I must agree with accutron. The case back has been replaced.

·
Registered
327 Posts
That watch was most likely made for the European market, It is correct except for the back, It is a factory spaceview

Reactions: SAM2

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
This really isn't relevant to anything but I think it is somewhat interesting that there is a 2527 case back for sale at 350523607902 but it has 8-6 instead of 6-6.

·
Registered
648 Posts
That watch was most likely made for the European market, It is correct except for the back, It is a factory spaceview
Fantastic knowledge, and I certainly wouldn't have observed that fine detail.

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but it's the same question again regarding case backs.:blushing:

The 1975 Anniversary model did not have a date stamp, which we all agree on, however the case was stamped with the usual markings including 'water resistant' underneath the battery hatch. Would a serial number prefixed with a '3-845916 underneath the water resistant inscription be wrong ??

I ask this question as I have seen a few anniversary models without, but I have recently seen one that had this inscription. Notably it's a Swiss model I believe therefore it may just be that the US versions were inscribed differently?

Your thoughts please

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
jake, I have read your question about the number on the caseback, but I can't answer it. Hopefully, someone else will come along and provide the answer for you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank You all, this is extremely helpful. There is a wealth of knowledge here alone in this discussion.

I am glad that the watch is factory original !

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lovely watch, I was the originator of the thread entitled 'to buy or run'

I have spent over 20 hours researching this case and I am none the wiser for it. It seems that a few of these watches are being sold in Italy.
One reputable eBay seller is currently selling one, and as knowledgeable as he is, he has not responded to my question regarding the rare case. :blink:

Even searching google images, that doesn't show any of these models nor do vintage advertisements ?

It's certainly got me baffled. However don't be put of by it, it's a lovely looking watch and if it makes you smile then it was a good choice. You never know you may have an ultra rare watch :biggrin:

Wear it in health and hopefully we can unearth the mystery of the hidden lugs :001_rolleyes:
Thanks for the compliment ! I love this watch, and yours look pretty good too.

Looks like this particular model is very unusual and not seen that often, from all the discussion. I am sure we will find out the details at some point of time.

A little bit of mystery behind a watch never hurt anything ;)

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Four examples of 2527 here: Research
Great info and great thread, thanks! I have done business with Tom Mister a couple times and have been very pleased. My "Table Clock" is pictured on the first clock sheet (1971) as an "Imperial" model. Also learned that one style watch box I have was really an Accutron tuning fork box. Thought it might have been a slightly newer box but still using the Accutron name and tuning fork symbol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts