WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got off my butt and took some pictures to compile a "State of the Collection" thread. In rough order by purchase date:

Tissot T-touch: my first "real" watch, a present to myself. I wore it EVERYWHERE ... so this one is actually a warranty replacement of the original one. Come to find out, welding is not so conducive to electronic longevity.

Wenger Swiss Army: gift from my parents. Love the guilloche dial. Currently the closest thing I have to a "dress watch", but currently on the hunt for a replacement.

Hamilton Khaki AirRace: The first watch I bought when I got into "collecting". Have both the orange rubber (with Hamilton deployant) and the black "leather". Amazing how it changes the look/feel of the watch.

Ball Fireman 43 (orange):While I like the watches above, they are merely "crushes" compared to the first watch I truly loved. I was immediately smitten by the build quality and tritium lume. I bought it preowned on bracelet, it currently lives on a Strapcode NATO which matches colors perfectly and is SO comfortable.

Tricolor lume, but unlumed second hand

Hamilton Chronomatic "B": My first foray into vintage. Let's just say its been a learning experience. If anyone knows a watchmaker with Chronomatic movement (Breitling, Heuer) experience, I would love a reference. On Panatime "Breitling style" blue leather. It will be replaced by the 1971 PanEurope 703 when I find one.

Ball Engineer MasterII Worldtime Diver: As much as I love the Fireman, this watch has (almost) single-handedly resigned all others to the jewelry drawer, (almost) quenching my desire for more watches. I have to force myself to wear the others these days. Also bought on bracelet, currently, it is paired with a Panatime "ballistic" with ivory stitching that matches the worldtime wheel perfectly.

Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute (809) 18k: The watch that started it all really. My mom gave it to my dad when he got his Navy wings in 1970. He never wore it due to the 24 hr dial. I wore it some in high school. This year, I "convinced" him to bequeath it to me, and it is currently at Breitling being serviced (for the first time in its 40 yr life!) so no pictures currently.

Group shot:

·
Banned
28,290 Posts
11 - and if Hamilton did the movement marks like Heuer did, an early one at that (no "I" under the balance wheel)
When you get ready to make you're move for the PanEurope let me know. I like that Hamilton and am missing a Chronomatic in my collection since selling my Autavia. As far as a watchmaker, Craig (S. Craig Bergsma, aka Chronodeco: [email protected]) does very good work for reasonable prices and is also a contributing member on several forums.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
State of the Collection for 2013

Still waiting for my RGM, but otherwise, everything is here, including the "lesser" models. Sorry for the lack of creativity in the background, wish I had kibi's skill at staging the photos. Anyways, enough with the jibba-jabba, on with the pix!

Group shot:

Ball Fireman 43 - tricolor lume, no lume seconds. Currently on bracelet, have NATO and a couple other options

Ball EMII Diver Worldtime - probably my current favorite - currently on "carbon fiber", have bracelet too

Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute 809 (1967 - bought by my mom for my dad in 1970). On black Panatime "Breitling style" strap, thinking I need to get one with black stitching

Casio G-Shock one of my wife's friends left this with her. It never gets worn

Hamilton Chronomatic B (1969 or 1970) on blue Panatime "Breitling style" strap

Hamilton Khaki AirRace - have both the orange rubber and the black leather

Seiko two-tone - college graduation present. On brown croc strap

Tissot T-touch on rubber bracelet

Victorinox Swiss Army - gorgeous blue dial, very small and thin watch ... One of the first watches I've owned

Wenger Swiss Army - nice guilloche dial, really good lume

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.