WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've been lusting after this watch since I saw the original Ventura electric and loved the unique shape. When the new automatics first came out, I saw the case size and just figured it was too big for my wrist and I'd be ineligible to wear it. BUT, today at our favorite watch shop, my husband asked to see the new auto Ventura and it didn't look that big after all.....and when he decided he didn't like the brown face, I said "lemme see that!", and tried it on and fell in love with it. I do like the brown face, gives a better contrast to the silver tick marks than the silver face....so Merry Christmas to ME! LOL

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Great pick up T4M.

:thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I concur with Sean, that is a very nice modern!:thumbup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys! And, just so you know, my husband did not come away empty-wristed after I snatched that Ventura....he ended up getting the Movado Museum Automatic that he's had his eye on for a couple years.....

·
Registered
186 Posts
The Ventura looks surprisingly good on a small wrist! I tried one on, thinking it would be ridiculous, but it looked rather good. Tempting, even.

Awesome choice!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Ventura looks surprisingly good on a small wrist! I tried one on, thinking it would be ridiculous, but it looked rather good. Tempting, even.

Awesome choice!
Thanks Coastcat! I was initially concerned about how big it would look, too, but I think the asymmetric shape does a lot to make it look less bulky on my wrist (which is about 6.5" around) than a round or tonneau shape does. My 38 mm Jazzmaster actually looks bigger on me than the Ventura. After wearing it for a couple of days, I like it more and more. It's like wearing a piece of art!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thanks Coastcat! I was initially concerned about how big it would look, too, but I think the asymmetric shape does a lot to make it look less bulky on my wrist (which is about 6.5" around) than a round or tonneau shape does. My 38 mm Jazzmaster actually looks bigger on me than the Ventura. After wearing it for a couple of days, I like it more and more. It's like wearing a piece of art!
It's all in the details. Right now I'm wearing a 37mm Seiko 5 with military styling; it has a slightly busy dial (Type B flieger style), short lugs, and a bit of a bezel. It looks much, MUCH smaller on my 6" wrist than the Stowa Antea KS, which is 35.5mm but has a minimalist dial, really long lugs, and almost no bezel. The Stowa is just a vast expanse of clean dial!

I've tried on a variety of watches, and it's often a surprise on what looks all wrong and what looks exactly right. On paper, there's no way a Bremont MBII should fit my wrist; in reality, it nests in place perfectly. Ah, the mysteries in life.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts