WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So quick story..

I ordered a new calendar from the big store that's logo's a big red bullseye the last week of December, and they said it'll ship in 2 weeks. OK - so I'll get it 1/2 way thru Jan, but no big deal. I really liked the calendar.

So, as of today, still no calendar. So I called & inquired on when it shipped. They told me it hadn't yet, but most likely would very shortly. I then asked (pushed really) for them to dig deeper & tell me when it would ship.. The CS person (very reluctantly) went to check on it & came back to tell me that they were actually on backorder & were expected in June or July & they will ship it as soon as it's in from backorder...

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: [crickets chirping....]

Stunned that I'd have to explain this, I asked if they thought it was reasonable to backorder a calendar - that's good for only 12 months by the way - for 6-7 months... He said.. wait for it.. yes, of course...

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: [crickets chirping again....]

I said OK, my bad.. Please cancel the order... And BTW - an email advising about the backorder would have been a real handy-dandy thing to get....

I gotta say, their logo absolutely suits them.. Now if I can only find a 200mm cannon to fire at it... :sneaky2: :cursing:

Like I said - sometimes you just really have to wonder about what some people have in that vast open range between the ears.... :mellow:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Customer Service is quickly becoming an oxymoron. Companies don't train, develop, or invest in CS until things are on fire. They hire entry level people and don't teach them the business or anything. A typical CS rep gets a computer, a headset, and only the most basic of training and permissions on the computer to get almost nothing accomplished.

It is actually done this way ON PURPOSE. The bean counters have run the numbers and found this to be the most profitable situation.

You're only course of action is to do what I do and VOTE WITH YOUR FEET.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're absolutely right B&V.. And I have done that with this company.. Not for this reason, but for another which is a new practice they have that is actually designed to know when a customer can be pushed & take advantage of it.

They've started to not refund (which I can understand) nor exchange (which I cannot) anything returned over $20 without a receipt or gift receipt. We got something for our son that was the wrong size. However, as the person didn't give us a gift receipt (and I'm NOT going to ask someone for it - that's tacky IMO unless it's immediate family) and it was over $20 (29.99 to be exact) they said they couldn't exchange it. Even though it was one of their exclusive brands that only they sell, brand new with all tags. I raised Cain with several associates & the store manager. I was actually told by someone in the store that they believed the idiots-that-be figured out they could just not exchange and maybe people would just buy another one instead. But worst case it would reduce refunds, and increase revenue.. Uh.. Not if you chase away your customers... Duh....

When a store manager of a store that does millions in revenue per year can't be empowered to make a $9.99 decision, I stop shopping there. Period. And you will not get me back. Period. And I'll make it a mission to tell as many people as I can.

CS is important to me. It doesn't have to be perfect or 100% great. But it does have to be honest and at least somewhat mutual. Not all give me, give me and I'll give you nothing back... Nope..

·
Registered
646 Posts
I like boscoe's idea - ask for it to be prorated.

·
Banned
927 Posts
I saw a recent post somewhere where someone went into a bookstore and asked for a copy of AESOP'S FABLES, and the clerk asked if they knew who the author was?

Yikes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts