WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yes, Oliver, I took note of that over/under on there and what it was bringing BUT I was more
interested in this new, in the box with papers, black dial, ss bracelet, 96B129 (I can always put
a black strap on it - etc) bay # 140774863879 for (too good to be true?) $106.81 + $14.54 shipping...

As for the over/under, I have one, also one of the "under" 218's in my collection. I have been craving
the Precisionest since I saw the one you grabbed recently...

The same vender I got mine from has two more starting low with no bidders and less than a day till
closing... Wow, 10 seconds per year! Fantastic at this price...

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, Oliver, I took note of that over/under on there and what it was bringing BUT I was more
interested in this new, in the box with papers, black dial, ss bracelet, 96B129 (I can always put
a black strap on it - etc) bay # 140774863879 for (too good to be true?) $106.81 + $14.54 shipping...

As for the over/under, I have one, also one of the "under" 218's in my collection. I have been craving
the Precisionest since I saw the one you grabbed recently...

The same vender I got mine from has two more starting low with no bidders and less than a day till
closing... Wow, 10 seconds per year! Fantastic at this price...
Yeah, I was watching the sale just to see where it went. I, too, have one I bought last year that was listed as NOS. Don't know if it really is but came with box and hang tag. No sign of wear anywhere on the watch. Paid a good bit more, though.

Wow, congrats! Fantastic price for a brand new watch. :thumbup1: I am enjoying mine but a little caution, accuracy may not be as good as Bulova says. Mine has already gained 3 secs. just since I got it and set it. Sam2 has experienced the same thing with his Precisionist. I am not really disappointed as I like the watch for it's sweep sec. hand. At least, when purchasing a new Accutron back in the day you could take it back to the dealer any time during the first year to have it regulated if it was off. Don't know of any way to regulate the Precisionist movement. Show us a pic when you receive it.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
The buyer of that up/down day/date Accutron has to very pleased with that purchase.
I haven't been watching ebay recently, too frustrating. I decided a few months ago that I was buying too many Accutrons so, to slow myself down, I decided to use my budget to buy nothing but solid gold Accutrons. I kept watching ebay for a while but it was just so frustrating seeing good buys and not going after them that I quit punishing myself.
Watching that one go for that price would have hurt.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Watching that one go for that price would have hurt.
It sure did! Like you, I have been buying too many watches :sad: and, as you know, recently got stuck on the 23J & 30J autowind movements. I still have a few Accutrons that need service so I am going to concentrate of that .... and maybe a couple watch boxes. No more, please! :laugh:

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Probably not a bad buy but is it what you want in your collection. Sometimes we have to pass up good buys if the watch doesn't fit our collecting profile. I have a few electroplate gold cases, most of which are in very good condition, but I tend to shy away from them as I don't think they look as good as rolled gold plate cases. While gold color can be rich looking, I trend to stainless steel cases as that metal is very forgiving. It resists deep dents and usually can be polished to like-new condition. As Skypilot, the band is interesting and the dial and hands look to be in great shape and the movement is very clean. Is the band removable from the case? I ask because some Lady's watches have a permanently attached band, making it difficult to replace the case.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.